THE MARAUDERS

In this oneshot you're James his sister. You're the same age as him. This oneshot is a bit rushed or something. Thank you to the few people who voted, it means a lot to me :'

      This is not actually a oneshot where all marauders are involved. When you read it, you'll see it :)

      It was midnight and you all were sleeping until someone knocks on the door.

      WARNINGS: mention of abuse, mentions of blood and bruises, sad Sirius, angst.

HOME

      It was 1 am and you were laying in your bed, just like everyone else. Except, you weren't sleeping. Snores from James were coming from the room next to you. The reason why you couldn't sleep wasn't only because of the loud noises, you were simply overthinking everything. It had become a bad habit of yours, a habit that you just couldn't get rid of. It had gotten so far that it started ruining your sleep schedule.

       Someone knocking on the door interrupted your train of thoughts. At first you thought you imagined it, but when it started again you decided to open your curtains and peek outside. You couldn't quite see who it was, but it was a tall figure standing in front of the door. Being the curious person you are, you decided to walk downstairs.

      As soon as you were downstairs you went to the door and peeked through a small hole of glass. You gasped loudly at the sight as you immediately recognized the figure to be Sirius. You grabbed the key of the door and unlocked it.

       "Uh, hi," Sirius said as the door swung open in front of him, revealing you. For a moment he forgot why he came here in the first place. Unfortunately, that was only for a moment.

         You knew he was having a hard time at home. You assumed that was the reason why he came here, so you let him in quickly.

        "A-are you okay?" you questioned carefully, not knowing what to say or do. He nodded, but you knew he was lying. There was a bruise on is left cheek and a cut on his lip. There was a moment of silence until suddenly Sirius burst out in tears. You had never seen him cry before, he didn't want to be vulnerable with people. You were not even surprised by his sudden tears, just the sight of him told what happened. For the first time ever you could read Sirius like an open book.

       "Shh, you're home. You're home, Sirius," you said soothingly. He was having trouble with breathing now, short chokes were coming out of his mouth. You reached out to touch his back, but he flinched away. You mentally got angry at yourself for trying to do that.

         "I'm not going to hurt you, really. You're safe, Sirius," you tried to sound as calm as you could, but inside you were panicking. You wanted to help the boy so badly, but you didn't know how to. You stepped a little closer to the boy who was still crying.

        "C-can I hug you?," you asked. The boy looked up from the ground, in your eyes. His piercing grey eyes that were usually filled with a mischievous twinkle were now only filled with sadness and numbness. He nodded, slowly. You carefully came closer, as if he could break like glass. You wrapped your arms around him and he wrapped his arms around you. His face hid in the crook of your neck.

      Eventually, his breathing became normal again. His tears dried against his skin. You knew that after an explosion of sadness, came numbness. You wanted to take this feeling away for him, even if that meant that you would feel it. You would do anything for the boy in front of you. It hurt you to see him like this.