Shen (5)

❝ why must I be the ghost slayer? when there are thousands of persons to be it...but why do i need to resist? why do i need to stay away from the one I love? ❞

~~

Shen San questioned my existence almost a month, with a new habit that me and him accustomed, I found myself indulging the new life I have with him. For how many times I restrain myself in order to prevent getting near every reincarnated person of my Kunlun.

There I knew how his personality changed, but not most of his mannerisms. Kunlun jun many decades ago knew how to persuade my younger self in every second, with Da Qing by his side, it seems he is already used to be alone.

a question was, where is Da Qing the black cat from all these years?

"Demon bro..." a voice called while my thoughts began to distract me from checking the hot pot cooking under the firewood that Shen San had gathered for me. "Demon bro!" he called once again as I quickly stared into his eyes.

"Hm?" I asked awkwardly, the tension between me and him is very odd, since I get easily used to his presence. The question is; Does he feel great around me?

"Err Demon-ge, I notice your always out of place." he said while crossing his both arms and create an observant stare towards me. I can feel my both cheeks burning in embarrassment and fix my garments, "W-What was your question again?" I changed the topic since I'm bad at conversing to him.

Shen San fake a cough, "Well, you see...I was wondering ever since you never told me what you are, I assumed many things but you never told me if it's correct...Perhaps, this time I will." he proudly utter.

I stared at him in a comfortable sight, my embarrass behaviour fades away. As you know that I get embarrass easily, but this always happened whenever I'm with him.

"You can't be sure if I tell you I'm human, right?" I asked. Shen San let out a low chuckle, "Aiya Er-ge, you saved me from almost falling a cliff, treat my wounds like it's easy to you! Sounds human, hm?" he replied.

"Well then, what am I to you?", I asked. Memories of yesterday clouded my mind, I notice it was the fourth time that I said those words to him, I deeply knew he'll notice that. Shen San sat comfortably, "Hmm...maybe your a type of a flora flower I forgot to mention!" he replied.

I let out a low chuckle and began mixing a certain kinds of medical herbs in order to make a new batch of his medicine since he finished most of it. Shen San utter all kinds of a flora flower, silently tired from all the chores I did, I stared at him.

And yes, Gods feel human emotions but it has limitations. Ever since Kunlun Jun gave me his half Godly powers (his soul was supposed to be the final one in order for me to become a full God) I experience almost of emotions than an average God could have.

"Well..." I sat towards him facing the already brewed medicine I made for him, "I am not what you considered a camellia, a jasmine, an azalea nor a plum blossom." I simply replied. Shen San smiled, "Aiya not those flowers I mentioned, hmmm." he point his finger at me.

"Perhaps, your a snowflake." I lowly chuckle in his response, memories came upon me where I truly knew what all his past lives doing, my thoughts create a sudden conclusion, he is bullshitting again...

I place the cup towards him, "A snowflake? you know that it melt the moment it fell down. How come a snowflake would make me a spirit?" I replied and guide the already brewed medicine, "Come it's time to drink this." I insist.

Shen San drank the cup fully and replied, "Well there is some that don't melt." he move his injured leg towards me as I ready the already made bandages for him to unwrap the old ones ones and changed.

His story continued, "Last year, I was invited by a friend to climb in the mountains in the west. Within the mountains I realized that in June, the snow still remains there despite the hot weather. A thousand years passed, perhaps I can be sure your a spirit formed in a winter mountain peak."

Listening while wrapping the two wooden pieces in order to form a proper position in his injured leg, there I find myself deep in thought. Throughout the years of Shen San titled as the Master prodigy, there he finds himself staying in a simple but with a ghost God like me.

Finally finish wrapping the new freshly bandage without making Shen San feel any pain, I noticed his eyes glimmer towards mine. His tough persona stays yet I can see the man who is badly injured and need a hand in healing the wounds he receive in rescuing the civilians.

Shen San sat in a comfortable position, with my abilities I can hear his heartbeat pounding faster - a reaction that I deeply long to hear for a long time. His stare is still there as he spoke, "Aiya demon bro...since you saved me from my almost demise, aid me in your hut and serve until I am slowly healed. I owe you very much."

I faintly smile at him, did he notice those words he just told me make this heart of mine soft? His eyes focused at mine, "The next step in order to repay for your kindness is to pay you with my body..."

My eyes widen in response, the finished cup I held suddenly fell down on the floor - shattered as if my inner self has slowly clenched in awkwardness. Shen San noticed my reaction and suddenly patted his shoulder, "Aiya! I-I was..."

Feeling the intense redness in both of my cheeks, I kneel down to clean the broken cup that I accidentally fell. I could feel Shen San's trying to adjust his movements, but due to his weaken leg, he failed to move.

After a minute, I stood and hurriedly went back towards the kitchen and do my thing. I didn't heard the last word he told me, but I knew that he feels melancholic the moment I stood.

~~

(this fanart I chose is how I visualize Wei's look in Shen San's story arc, also! credits to the artist of this artwork!)

bullshitting - in chinese language, it refers to nonsense, rubbish...etc. it's somehow not a literally curse word for them, but in other languages, it is considered a curse/vulgar word.

Hey everyone! Merry late Christmas! and an upcoming New Year!!! This chapter was to be published in Dec 28 but my place has an electric maintenance so I couldn't edit and publish it early. This part in the 5th bonus chapter of the novel was one of my favourites! The heat of the story is only the beginning.

Ps. Notice the bold parts? They're Shen Wei's thoughts after the story events!

Please vote and comment! It will be very appreciated!! Xie xie 🥰