Infant Island

The Trees were lifeless, no grass, no plants, skeletal remains of both animals and people, the rivers and streams completely dry and the skies grey and dull, it was a barren land of death.

Ilene was petrified as was Ling, this can't be Infant Island, it's NOTHING like what their mother's notes said.

Ling: pilot, are you sure this is the right place?

Pilot: we checked the coordinates twice already, this is Infant Island.

The helicopters landed and the Monarch crew set up camp, Madison looked around with her binoculars.

Madison: this is awful...what happened here?

Bernie: this looks so scary, like an apocalyptic film

Ling's tone of voice sounded like she was on the edge of tears

Ling: I'm not sure..but we'll find out..

Sam: me and the others will set up the rest of the camp, what's the main area?

Ilene: *opens a map of the island* in the centre of the island there is a temple which housed Mothra and her tribe, similar to the temple in Yunnan. We're heading there.

Madison, Ilene and Ling along with Monarch operatives made their way towards the temple, along the way, they looked around at the seemingly dead island.

Madison: Mothra's gonna be heartbroken once she is reborn and comes here, what was once her beautiful peaceful Home, now a desolate, lifeless wasteland.

Ling: we'll find a way to restore it, but for now, figure out what exactly happened here between 1961 and 2021.

The team arrived at the abandoned Mothra temple, they went inside and switched on their lights, what appeared shocked them

In the temple corridors were strange cave drawings, when they got to the end they say a familiar sight

It was the cave art of Mothra, just like the one in the Yunnan rainforest.

Madison: this is her home..

Ilene: *sadly* WAS her home, Madison

As they moved on Madison fell down a hole, luckily she wasn't too badly hurt but when she looked around Madison screamed, all around her were massive piles of human BONES, she was even standing in some, she started freaking out

Bernie: Madison! Are you alright! Say something!

Madison: get me outta here!!! Hurry!!!

Without a moment hesitation, a rope was lowered down the hole and Madison quickly grabbed it, pulling her up.

Madison: *hugs Bernie* oh, thanks! i was so scared!

the team then heard a strange, unsettling sound

Ilene: everyone...i don't think we're alone...