two

bold&underline - orym's perspective/speech

Bold - time and day

Friday 5:02am》
¤

The sun was warm on Orym's face, shining through a small gap in his old, cream coloured curtains.
He was awake but he was just resting with his eyes closed, waiting for his alarm to go off for him to get ready to go to school and take that test he was dreading the night before.
Birds were singing a little louder than usual, and the sun felt colder than it usually did in the mornings.

This left orym feeling strange, as though he hadn't actually woken up yet, and this was still in his dream.

Although he lived alone, it somehow still felt even more quiet than it usually was in his small, messy apartment.

He sat up and hung his legs off the side of the bed to reach the floor, he was wearing grey checkered pyjama pants and no shirt, this was how he always slept. As he slowly stood up to stretch and begin to get ready, something caught his eye through the gap in the curtains covering his window, and it wasn't the ray of sunlight. He threw on a brown, grey and white stripped sweater and some black shorts.

"What.. was that.. s-smoke?" He stuttered as he inched closer to the window.
Orym's slim, pale fingers grabbed the curtain and pulled them apart, eager to see what was happening.

Friday 5:07am

Dust sat still in the air.
Buildings were destroyed and fallen apart like giant sandcastles that had been crushed, cars lie abandoned and rusted, their paint was faded.
The road that led to the heart of the city was cracked and covered in dirt and dust with some debris scattered around, little brown and white rabbits ran around eating the grass that had grown through the cracks in the road. It looked like it was straight out of a horror game, as orym would say anytime he saw something scary or displeasing.

There was something strange about the ruined city though, it was fine last night.
"I was there only last night! W-what happened? I don't understand!" Orym stressed.

The longer he looked, the more he realised was strange and wrong.

I keep rubbing my eyes but it's still there!

He scrambled around his room, knocking over and kicking things around, looking for anything to do and grab, a bag laid on the floor which he snatched and threw onto his bed along with a torch, gloves, a water bottle, clothes,  a polaroid camera and an apple. These items were things orym fortunately had lying around his room.
Orym ran into the living room and chucked his boots on and grabbed a pocket knife off the couch.
He then stumbled over to the dining table where his old coffee sat along with his drawing book and pencil.

He didn't think he needed his drawing book but he felt an attachment to it, so he grabbed it and stuffed it into his back pack.

"What am I gonna do!.. what about school?! Is everyone okay?" Orym exclaimed in a manic state.
He quickly checked his phone to see no messages or notifications from anyone or anything.

"What the fuck?!
There's nothing??"

Usually he would have at least a few notifications from games etc, but not even that. Was he really that forgettable?