one

bold&underline - orym's perspective/speech
Bold - time and day

Thursday 10:34pm 》

Orym was sitting at his dinner table zoning out and staring at the kitchen sink tap dripping while sipping at a cup of coffee which had been cold for a while now. Along side the half empty coffee, was a small brown sketch book with the beginnings of a drawing scribbled into the paper with charcoal pencil.
It was a dog, or, it was going to be a dog once he finished the clusters of scribbles that form his art.
Orym hadn't been doing art for long, three months maybe,
but he wanted to be an artist and create pretty things even if drawing wasn't his 'thing' as such.
He knew he liked the look of charcoal drawings though, and that it gave him a sense of importance in himself after completing a drawing, and so he stuck with using his charcoal pencil set and little brown sketch book.

"I'm tired, maybe I'll just sleep."

Muttered Orym to himself. He talked to himself quite often, in fact he appreciated talking to himself than to another person much more than a real conversation. It has been that way for as long as he could speak.
He flopped down onto his twin sized bed, his sheets were an off white colour and his pillows were a pale brown,
he didn't keep his quilt on his bed, it just laid there on the floor amongst clothing.
Instead he used a thin blanket that was the same colour as his pillows, but slightly fuzzy.
Orym had not made his bed for weeks, maybe even a month.
He turned his head slowly to stare at his lamp which gave off barely any light at all, before deciding he simply could not be bothered turning it off,
even after his family previously had given him lots of trouble for keeping his light on at night in the past.

"I really should finish my study tonight, I've got that test in the morning... Who cares anyway?"

Orym was still striving to finish school after being held back for a year in year 9.
He was finishing year 12 now at age 19, Orym was supposed to finish last year but stopped attending school after losing friends randomly halfway through the year.

"I don't know if I will even manage to finish school, everyone will be so disappointed in me. But fuck them, I guess"

His wrinkled, off white bedsheets were almost completely on the floor, and yet he laid comfortably on top of them with no sign of wanting to fix them anytime soon. Along with his sheets on the floor, there was his clothes and shoes mixed with other belongings like a flashlight, cd's, a backpack and some stuffed animals, a fluffy plush cow and a brown teddy bear which were lying around too. One of Orym's old friends teased and taunted him for having stuffed animals, saying he was too old for them and it was weird. Orym didn't bother to explain to his friend that his parents had given those to him as a child shortly before they passed away and although he was nineteen they still meant a lot to him, instead he just stopped inviting him to come around to his house and not long after that they stopped talking, and eventually lost all contact with each other.

..I want to get better, I just don't know where to start, I mean, I can't even clean my own room, how am I supposed to get better?

Orym had been struggling with mental health for years, since around year 9 he has had trouble feeling purpose and meaning.
Orym has tried multiple counselling services and methods by himself but never found one that has helped him or someone that he's been able to properly open up to.

Thursday 11:29pm

His dirt brown eyes began to feel heavy and as he closed his eyes, he started drifting off slowly to sleep, worrying about his test at school tomorrow and if he would be able to get a decent grade and if he'd finish his schooling.

...I feel a little strange, I guess I'm just more sleepy than usual huh, weird.