Chapter 7: Merry Christmas Pt 2

Hello everyone hope you all had a great weekend. I had a hectic day since it was my birthday. It was small but fun.

That is why this episode is so short.

I hope you enjoy this chapter, and don't forget to comment and vote!

Alright, back to the story!

***

It was strange to see some of my colleagues here at the party and not at the school. A part of me somehow thought they were planted on the grounds of Hogwarts.

As I made my way down the stair, I saw a star-struck Severus looking down below. His eyes trailed up and down, taking in the image of me.

It was a little embarrassing with his intense gaze on me. Remus, however, slightly laughed at this predicament I was in.

"What are you laughing at," Severus said in a harsh tone. His eyes were somewhat radiating off the heat while his brows furrowed with anger.

I looked at him placing my hand on his arm to calm him down. His body relaxed but then slightly gazed towards my own face.

"It is fine. He knows...well Remus found out," I say in a calming tone. My eyes stare into Severus, hoping he would calm down with whatever hostility.

He smiled, almost looking proud at how Remus knew now.

"Maybe you are not so incompetent after all," he said sarcastically to Remus.

I slightly hit him in the ribs causing him to jump. He looked somewhat confused as to why I hit him but knew he had to apologize.

"Ow, I didn't say anything wrong. He should take it as a compliment," Severus tried to justify himself.

I slapped my hand on my forehead, astonished at how prideful this man was. Remus, however, did not take it as an insult but instead was laughing.

"It was not hard to miss when you are acting like I am trying to steal your favorite teddy bear," Remus said, trying to hide his laugh but failing.

I began to laugh with him. Severus, however, was not please and slightly blushed.

"Did you not say we have guests to attend to," he paused slightly, looking at the door.

Both of us snap out of the reality that we were in, looking at the door. Remus, however, quickly left in a hurry, his eyes gleaming with the same sense of mischief he had as a child.

"I have to go get something. Why don't you too answer it," Remus said, leaving before I could reject?

We both stood there, looking at the door. The glass on the door blurred out the people on the other side.

"Cheeky wolf," I said under my breath.

Severus, however, turned to my side, surprised by my comment. "What did you say," he asked.

I shook my head. "Nothing." Going towards the knob, I slowly began to open the door.

Before me was a tall white-haired man with clear blue eyes, his name was Xenophilius Lovegood, and I had become great friends with him in my time working with the ministry. However, he did leave during my last years to pursue a career with his wife.