CHAPTER 3

It's been a day after that encounter with my brother. Or should I say my half brother?

I sighed.

I just wanted to live quietly. That's the only thing I am wishing for. But why am I feeling disturbed?

Hindi ako panatag. Just like last night. I stay awake until I fell asleep. Nagbasa pa ako ng books para lang antukin. Luckily, I know how to light a candle.

I'm just staring outside the window. Sobrang bored ko na.

Oh. I've got an idea.

What If I stroll around the town? Wala naman sigurong maghahanap sa akin. After all masyadong busy ang aking ama sa kaniyang trabaho.

Just gonna escape for a while.

I asked Rene to bring me a cloak. Nung una nag aalanganin pa siya. But I bribe her to shut her mouth and not to tell a single thing about my plan.

" I promise Rene, babalik din ako before dawn." And I swear to her.

"Binibini, mag iingat ka. Kung inyong mamarapatin ay magsama kayo ng kahit isang knights para bantayan kayo." Sambit niya.

"No need. I know how to protect myself. After all, I grow up in the streets." And I fakely smiled at her.

I jump out of the window. Sa hardin ako dumaan para walang makapansin sa akin.

I am wary of my surroundings. Actually, kinakabahan ako because this is the first time that I'm gonna go outside of the Duke's house.

I sneaked. And successfully, nakalabas ako. I checked my coin purse just in case na kailangan ko. I hope no one notice me, escaping the house of duke.

While walking at the streets, I am staring at those children playing in the streets. Somehow, I felt nostalgia from seeing them playing around.

Ganiyan din ako dati. Kaso nabubully ako. And it's kinda a bad memory for me.

Bumuntong hininga na lamang ako.

Patuloy akong naglalakad. I have no plan to buy something for myself.

And someone caught my attention.

A lost girl. And it seems like she's facing some troublesome people. I think she's a noble.  I can tell of how the way she dress.

" Bigay mo pera mo samin kung ayaw mong masaktan." Saad ng lalaking may edad na.

"I don't have one" She's shaking while saying those phrases.

" Aba't!? Ang mayayamang tulad niyo ay hindi mawawalan ng pera!" The other guy said.

They threatened the lady.

She should be with her own knights and maid. Why is she here in this kind of place?

"Wala nga!" At any moment, the lady will cry because of fear.

Bago pa saktan ng dalawang lalaki, I appear in front of them.

"What a pain." I hissed. They can't see my face, after all I wear my cloak.

"Sino ka!?" Pagtatanong ng dalawa.

Bumulong ako sa babae. "Pag bilang ko ng tatlo, grab my hand and we will run."

Mukhang hindi niya pa din gets ang sinabi ko. "Huh?"

"1,2,3... Run"

Patuloy lamang kami sa pagtakbo at pumasok sa mga pasikot sikot na eskinita. Kabisado ko na ang mga daan dito. The lady keep screaming because of pressure.

The two man are still following us.

Heh. Catch us if u can.

"Hoy. Lintik" sigaw ng isang lalaki na may edad na.

"Shut up oldie." I replied back.

Little did they know, we're going to the other streets with full of knights. I bet they will be shookt.

We ran as fast as we can until we reached the other street.

I called the knights that is near from us.

"Hey!! There's a thief!" Agad naman silang naalerto sa sinabi ko.

Napatigil sa paghabol ang dalawang lalaki at tumakbo pabalik.

Ngunit hindi ako ganon kabait.

I grabbed two big stones beside the street and I throw it exactly to their head.

Bulls eye.

Nahuli naman sila at tinangay na mga knights.

Dumako naman ang tingin ko sa babae. And I saw a glimpse of amusement in her eyes.

"Are u ok?" I asked.

She smiled at me and suddenly, she grabbed my hand. "Oh God. Thank you so much. I am grateful for what u did."

I feel so uncomfortable. She's still smiling at me. She's undeniably beautiful. She has black jet hair. Her skin is white as snow. And she has freckles on her cheeks that match her beauty.

"Uhmm no worries?" I hesitately replied.

"Let me introduce myself. I am the Lady of Martifolla. Graciela Annia Martifolla. The sister of the Grand Duke."

Nanlaki naman ang mata ko sa kaniyang sinabi. I bow to her as a sign of respect.

I remove the hood that covers my face and I introduce myself to her. "Greetings to the lady of Martifolla. I am Ecleia Arche Warlock. The daughter of Duke Archier. "

She suddenly hugged me because of excitement. And I was startled by it.

"Oh! What kind of destiny is this." Her eyes looks like it's shining and shimmering from overflowing joyfulness.

" I would like to invite you to our house if it's okay? Please. I wanted to thank you for what you did."

Medyo nag aalanganin kung tatanggapin ko ba or hindi. Baka malaman ng aking ama na tumakas ako. Lalo ng ng mga kapatid ko at mukhang ayaw nila sa akin.

Biglang pumasok sa isipan ko out of nowhere na kailangan ko nang umuwi. I have no choice but to accept it.

"Sure. Just keep it a secret about what happened today. Please?" Pakikiusap ko sa kaniya.

"No worries!" She simply replied.

"Thank you, lady Graciela. I gotta go." And I run and run without looking back at her.

Saktong pag alis ko ay siyang pagdating naman ng kaniyang mga knights at personal maid niya. Good for her. May naghahanap sa kaniya.

I faintly smiled.

Habang nagmamadali akong tumakbo. I bumped into someone.

And it's seems like I'm out of luck.

And all of the people, it's my second brother, Equinox.