『eleven: when you wake up』

Chapter 11

"I will go and face my true thoughts that had disappeared before"

"...Make sure you don't mess up on this operation.

If he dies because of you... I won't forgive you."

"I know."

"...The three of us are going to eat gingerbread

together on Christmas again, right?"

That was the last thing April said to December before the latter departed with August to head towards their mission. 

If he dies because of you... I won't forgive you.

His statement was clear as day and needed no further explanations. He would never forgive him. He would never forgive December. 

Chikage unconsciously curled up his fingers, forming into a fist. His nails started drawing blood from his palms as his fingers were clenched tightly. How could he ever forgive December? Not only did he let August die, but he also betrayed The Organization, fled, and had the audacity to live as a regular citizen, an actor too. 

He took a deep breath, sighed, and calmed himself down as he went back to his work but was interrupted by three consecutive knocks. On the corner of his eye, he could see Izumi tense up and be more alert.

"Stay still. Don't talk." Chikage stated in a strict tone.

The person outside knocked twice and then thrice more. 

"So you remembered the signal," April stated as the door opened to reveal December- rather, Hisoka MIkage. 

"After all this time—what did you come here for?" Chikage asked though he knew what the answer was. 

 "I remember everything," Hisoka stated. 

"And?" Chikage piped up a question, urging him to continue. 

"I came to talk." Hisoka resumed. 

"Come in." Chiklage said as Hisoka proceeded to enter what was once his home. 

"Hisoka-san!!" Izumi exclaimed in surprise. 

"...Don't worry. I'll definitely save you-" Hisoka replied in a gentle tone before he was cut off.

"I'm sorry, I'm late! Shit took longer than I anticipate- Oh. It's you." [Name] started yet trailed off at the end as she finally took notice of the guest in their home. 

"It's you..." [Name] repeated, she could feel tears starting to form around her eyes. It hurt. It hurt her seeing him in their old home. Hah, a wonderful family reunion, isn't it? Except one is dead, one has betrayed everyone, one was forced to loath and she was fucked up in the head by the trauma. 

Every person in the room glanced towards [Name] as she started giggling while tears were still flowing out from her eyes. 

"Heh, welcome home, December." [Name] said in between giggles. 

Wasn't it ironic? How now that he's home, she was already in so much pain. She's now drowning in pain he once said he'd protect her from. Wasn't it very ironic how he's the cause of the pain she was feeling? It was so ironic [Name] couldn't help but laugh. Oh, what a cruel world they live in.