CHAPTER TWO

i'm nervous to write i ain't done this
in awhile LMAO

______________

JOY

"So what time is this party of yours," I ask as I set the last of my boxes on the ground of the wide living room.

Our dorm was one of the larger ones on campus. My parents wanted to make sure that I moved into a place that was comfortable for me. With its wide living area, kitchen, and two bedrooms (which included bathrooms for each), I would say I was very comfortable where I was.

"It's around nine. They said I could bring people, do you want to come?" Taegan looked up at me from searching through her boxes. "You could probably find a hookup buddy." She wiggled her eyebrows.

I snorted. "I'm not going that far."

"You could."

"I won't."

"You might."

"Probably." I giggled. "And what about you?"

Taegan shrugged. "Whatever happens, happens."

"If it happens to me, it happens to you."

"Threesome?" She laughed and I choked. "Nah, you're too straight for that."

I huffed. "Whatever. I'll go to the party though. Classes don't start till next week anyway."

"Great!" Taegan smiled wide. My best friend was so pretty. "Let's be ready by eight thirty?"

I nodded, mirroring her smile. "Let's hurry and put our boxes away."

***

"How do we look?"

"Sexy." Taegan winked. "Very sexy." I laughed as she checked herself out in the mirror, blowing her reflection a kiss.

I wore a white mesh corset top with spaghetti straps and cream pleat pants. I paired it with white boots and a gold necklace. Taegan wore a brown, leather, cropped tank with matching leather pants and her signature black boots to match.

"If we don't have people hitting on us tonight, something is wrong with the world." Taegan glanced from our reflections in the mirror, to me.

"But I thought we agreed KAM." My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Who said men were going to hit on us?" Taegan fluffed up her curls and whispered one more confidence boost to the both of us before she said, "Let's go before we stare at ourselves all night."

The party was loud, as expected.

It was like the parties you saw in the coming of age movies and parties described in books. People danced with each other. Some were obviously drunk and others so sober it was like they didn't want to be here.

"Want a drink?" Taegan yelled over the music and conversations of the crowd.

I nodded and she smiled, giving a thumbs up before finding her way over to the drinks.