CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

thank u for all the love on our book besties

_________________

JOY

"Where are we going?" I laughed.

Namjoon had called me at five in the morning and the next second he knocked on my door. I was still in my pajamas and barely slipped on a pair of slippers when he dragged me out of my dorm room with a smile on his face. 

"Namjoon, it's still dark out! What could we possibly—"

He opened the passenger door of his car and signaled for me to get inside before buckling me in. I laughed at his gesture as he quickly made his way to the drivers seat.

He started the car and took my hand in his. "I have a surprise for you."

"Do you?" I asked, sitting back, still smiling.

"Mhmm," He hummed and grabbed my hand as he backed out of the students parking lot.

"And where will we be going for that surprise?"

"Like seven minutes away, depending on if you're a coffee person." He glanced at the screen in his car for the time. "Are you a coffee person?"

"I drink tea, babe." I commented. "It's one of the first things I told you, you should know that." I jokingly smacked his shoulder.

"You're right. I should know that. I'm starting to realize I should ask you more questions. Like what's with the nickname babe?"

"Isn't that what couples call each other?"

"But we should have our own personal nicknames. Babe is basic."

"Well what's yours for me, then?"

"Princess, duh."

"Oh, right. Hmm, I don't know what to call you then."

"You're princess so shouldn't that make me prince?"

"No." I pointed to nowhere. "That's awkward."

Namjoon snickered. "Just call me Joonie."

"That's so, baby-ish, though, like that girl Jungkook was with. She calls him 'Kookie' Bleh." I stuck my tongue out.

"You met Ezra?"

"The snobby, too quick to get irritated, overprotective girl who pushes Jungkook around?"

"She doesn't push Jungkook around," Namjoon said, chuckling.

"It seemed like it. Jungkook looked like he wanted to leave the place."

"Ah, he told me about a lunch date Ezra asked him on. I didn't know it was a date date."

"He probably didn't know either."

"Yeah," Namjoon said in an 'eh' tone. He stopped at a red light and scratched the back of his neck.