TEASER

JOY

"Namjoon, please. I don't like this side of you." I gulped. I've never seen him like this. I knew he had a couple of drinks but this — this goes beyond the guy I used to date.

This was a completely different person I knew and used to love.

I looked into his eyes and for a split second, I saw him. I saw the guy I had come to love but lost over the course of our relationship.

"Princess," he licks his lips and rests his arm above my head. The word leaves his lips so easily it makes me shiver to think of the times he has said it me.

"I miss you so much, it hurts." His nose brushed against my cheek and I have to take a sharp breath in. His words were vulnerable and honest but hurtful; as if my own flaws weren't already reminding me of the damage I've done.

"You smell....so good tonight." He sniffed me. "Your hair is still as soft as I can remember." His finger tips twirled and played with the ends of my hair.

"Namjoon, please stop this." I attempt to push him off but his other arm cages me. I curse at myself knowing I could have left a long time ago but decided to hear what he had to say. I guess I wanted to punish myself in some sort.

"We can t-talk this out."

"Your lips seem to do something more than just talking. If you don't know what I'm talking about then ask my best friend who you kissed."

Ouch.

I looked at him in awe and the man I saw was damaged. Far from a place of hurt.

"You didn't seem to stop when you tore my heart in two, Joy. As sick as it is... I would—"

My breath hitched and my chest suddenly felt tight. I knew what I did to him hurt him but it was for our own good, right? The more I thought about it, the more I asked myself: Was he guilt tripping me?

"I would have still..." He pauses again and he looked so vulnerable now. His emotions were all kinds of weird but I knew he wanted to get this off his chest.

Suddenly the door swung open.

"Get off her. Now." Jungkook storms in, chest heaving and fists balled up like he's ready to punch someone. His shirt seems wrinkled up and his jacket falling off his shoulder. 

Namjoon grinned. "Ugh, Timberlands. You just can't stop popping up everywhere she is, can you? Why don't you enjoy the party downstairs and act like a normal college student for once." My eyes waver back and forth from the drunk man keeping me hostage and to Jungkook who's about to explode.

"I said to let her go or else you're starting something you can't finish."

"Oh really now?" Namjoon turns around to face Jungkook and takes a dangerously close step to him.

"Well I'm starting it now."

—————————————

IMMSOEXCITEDBDBAS