𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘴𝘪𝘹

19 days until Christmas

... and they were at the ministry before the Council of Magical Law. Remus, Sirius, Albus and the Golden Trio had accompanied her but not by choice.

She needed as many witnesses as possible to prove her innocence in the best way possible.

Dumbledore was kind enough to not only round up her so called witnesses, but also excuse her from work. He knew the poor girl was being really hard on herself despite everyone (who knew) telling her what she did wasn't wrong.

The small circular room was very intimidating. All of the workers of the ministry were sat in their black robes and looking at her with interest.

It wasn't everyday someone was on the verge of being sentenced to Azkaban. You'd have to do something real bad to be send to such a horrid place. That being said, the place was packed which only made her more nervous.

Looking around, she spotted Professor Sprout and McGonagall on one of the benches. A small part of Y/N was relieved to see familiar, friendly faces. Looking around more, she saw Snape sitting above his female colleagues. He sent her the faintest smile and nodded at her as of saying it would be alright.

The Bad Bitches and Severus had been there everyday for their young friend, keeping her company and making sure the guilt didn't eat her up. Y/N was ultimately grateful for them and she didn't know what would have happened if she didn't have them.

Remus still wasn't talking to her and it was hurting more and more everyday. Literally. Her heart ached and her head pounded as soon as she woke up. Side effects of being away from her soulmate.

Her mind was plagued by every memory of them which only served as a reminder that he felt he wasn't good enough for her. On the contrary, he was perfect for her.

It was so quiet in the room that the young professor's labored breathing was heard throughout. She felt a hand grab her own and from the all too familiar feel of it, she knew it was Remus.

This had been the first time he had so much as interacted with her in close to a week and she didn't want it to end.

Y/N felt his own hand was sweating due to being so nervous but she only gripped it tighter instead of pulling away. Physical contact was needed.

They were each other's anchor right now, keeping each other from having a nervous breakdown in front of dozens of intimidating people. Sirius, who was standing behind them, smirked at the action and nudged Harry who smiled back at him knowingly.