Chapter One: A New Light

It began with a blinding light. A blinding light which took all of my pain and sorrow away, and gave me no emotion. I was neither happy nor sad. I became confused by this and glanced at my surroundings. I looked down to see myself in a white gown, and I became even more puzzled, as I did not own a dress of this quality and beauty. The white was glowing and pure, soft like the feeling of a cloud, and the color of snow. It was light and elegant. Distracted by the dress I did not focus on my location and my confusion melted away into a feeling of comfort. it did not feel natural, however, to be comforted by such a material object.

I felt the presence of another person in the space and looked up. A man stared back at me and his blue eyes were filled with admiration, sympathy, and shock, his perfectly shaped mouth closed in a thin line. His hair was blond and he reminded me of someone I knew, but for an odd reason I could remember why. I opened my mouth slightly to ask why he appeared so shocked, but before I could mumble a word, his voice boomed towards me.

" You appear confused, Luna."

I bristled at the sound of my name, "How do you know my name? And yes, I am very confused. Where are we? And where is this dress from? It's very gorgeous."

He chuckled at my last comment. "I see you are very observant. Fitting. Well, Luna, you are in heaven. My name is Dosoro and I am the welcoming angel for you. You have come from the human world, and this is what humans call "the afterlife"."

I gasped in shock, trying to process what he had said. The afterlife? I'm...dead?

Before I had enough time to collect my thoughts he rushed on with what he had been saying.

"If you had been a regular human, you would stay in that form and go to Heaven and stay there. However, you are not ordinary."

His voice rang in my ears. Not ordinary? What did he mean?

Once again he interrupted my thoughts, his booming voice hurting my ears.

"You, Luna, are a goddess."

-----*-------*-------*--------*-------*----*

Sorry it's so short, I promise the next chapter will be longer and explain more.

FYI, this is a flashback if you didn't know it.

Comment, Follow, and keep reading!

Til next chapter,

Sapphire