🪞 watch me in the mirror 🪞

Hoseok was making his rounds, correcting posture, stepping back and observing the choreography of the other members - stopping them again to run through a portion that was looking a little off.

They'd already practiced On but this was nothing new, putting in fourteen-hour days all week. It actually felt a little comforting to have that burn in their limbs again after so long.

Jimin was sweating, his blond hair dangling into his eyes.

But he kept moving, kept feeling the fluctuation of the melody playing in the background of the track, and let his body illustrate the track's complexity. The rising fire of the strings, the dramatic pizzicato, the self-inflicted pain of the lyrics.

He watched Taehyung in the mirror, felt Taehyung moving behind him. Swiftly. The skill, the graceful rhythm and fluidity of his movement reducing him to a whisper.

The only evidence of his presence a rush of air. And that reflection Jimin followed in the mirror.

And then Taehyung came to the foreground, throwing his shoulders back, his head tilting, eyes looking into the bright lights of the practice space as if posing a cathartic question. One that he already knew the answer to.

And Jimin tracked his every movement, obsessed with lines. Lines that the body made. Couldn't help but notice the clean line Taehyung made with the extension of his right arm.

Then Taehyung looked dead on into the mirror as he made another extension with his left arm. Graceful lines, like the wings of a bird.

Lines.

Lines that the body made. Lines that Jimin wanted to cross.

And as Jimin moved he kept his gaze locked on Taehyung's eyes in the mirror. As if the reflection itself was staring into Jimin's soul. Jimin's focus flicked from Taehyung's back, his real and tangible body, and the face of the reflection.

And he wanted both of them.

Yes, both.

As there had always been two sides.

For himself. For Taehyung. For all of them.

They had always had sides, two versions of themselves. A reflection of who they wanted to show the world. And... who they really were.

Sometimes they showed those sides to each other... but sometimes Jimin only caught glances in the mirror as facades cracked.

He almost felt that maybe Tae... maybe Tae had more sides than most.