oh, my world is turning inside out

The inside of the house was as beautiful as the outside; it was modern but still had the charm of the two stories high with a white picket fence that every song and movie talked about, the one that everyone dreamed of.

The living room seemed cozy, an L shaped couch occupied most of the room, two small tables by its sides and a big center table in front of it; there was also a decent sized electric fireplace on one of the walls with a big flat screen above it. Next to it, there was a small dining room space, with a beautiful dark mahogany table that sat 6 people, a wide marmol counter a few feet to the left, dividing the dining room and a spacious kitchen.

"This house is...", Siyeon and Hyejoo looked around in awe.

"Smaller than I expected", Bora said quietly with a frown on her face.

"...amazing", Siyeon finished with a smile on her face, "Maybe this won't be so bad, right Hyejoo?", she knelt next to her daughter and hugged her tightly.

"It's bigger than our home", Hyejoo clapped her hands with a giggle.

"Yeah! This house is superb, it exceeds my expectations!", Bora's voice startled the mother-daughter duo, who just looked at her weirdly.

What was that? , Bora questioned herself while taking a deeper look at her surroundings. The house was surely charming, but if they were going to be in this for the long haul, she kind of expected a little bit more than this. Or maybe that was just her, a long life full of luxury had probably made her kind of a snob; it seemed like the little family was more than fine with what they had been given, so who was Bora to complain?

The excitement seemed to be catching up to Hyejoo, the little girl struggling to keep her eyes open, leaning onto her mother's side.

"I should probably put her to bed", Siyeon took her daughter into her arms, who immediately burrowed her head against her neck.

"The kid's room is upstairs, last room to the left.", with a move of her head, Agent Lee pointed to the stairs, "The bed has some railings on the side that can be pulled up in case she needs them. I think there are already some clothes in the closet, if they don't fit, I can take you to get some that will sometime this week.".

"Thank you", were Siyeon's last words before heading upstairs, leaving Yubin and Bora behind on the first floor.

The agent watched the little family go with a small smile on her face, she had always had a spot for children. Since she was distracted, she didn't watch Bora making her way to her, much less she saw the fist coming right at her.

"What. The. Fuck. Bora?", the agent cradled her cheek with one hand.

"That's what I should be asking you! What the fuck, Yubin!"

-----------------------------------------

When Siyeon came back down the stairs, Bora and the agent seemed to be having a staring contest with each other, a weird vibe surrounding them.

"Did I miss something?", Siyeon's voice seemed wary.

Agent Lee turned to look at Siyeon, giving her a reassuring smile she said, "No, Miss Kim and I were just talking about what would be expected for you, right?"

Bora glared at the agent, her eyes never leaving her while she answered a "Right" through gritted teeth.

"Wouldn't it have been best to talk about it with me present? I mean, we're in this together after all", Siyeon crossed her arms, the events of the past day were finally catching up with her. Gone was the nervous and scared mother they had met, it seemed that putting her daughter safely between the covers had given her a little bit of peace.