Chapter 1: Before

"Mom where are you?! I yell and look around the house. "In the laundry room dear." My mother calls back. I rush over to her and then ask her where she put my new boxing gloves. "Well honey, I think they might be in the living room." She says. I then go over there and find them inside of a white bag, then I put them on. "Woah! These fit great!" I yell as my mom comes into the room smiling.

"Glad you like them dear." She says and then I go to give her a hug. "Shouldn't you be at school by now?." She asks and I shrug. "Eh I'm usually late anyway." Then I put my gloves in my bag. "Love you mom." I say before walking out the door.

I walk to school and then Reya comes to join me. "Hey Iren, ready for that match today?" She asks. "Yep! Got some new gloves." I say pulling one out to show her. "Neat." She smiles and we continue to walk.

We arrive at school and see the principal waiting for us. "Ladies this is the 3rd time you have been late this week. Next time detention." He says and glares at me. "K." I say and then we walk inside the building.  "He gets on my nerves..." Reya says and rolls her eyes. "He doesn't understand that we have to walk to school in this heat." I say and then me and Reya get to class.

We walk into to the class room and see that the teacher is turned away to the board, so me and Reya rush in and sit in our seats before he notices. "Oh hey Iren, Reya." We hear from behind us, then we turn around to see that its Kris Kyo...

"Late again I see." The teacher says and then me and Reya glare at Kris. He smirks and then looks around like a dummy. "After school work for the both of you." He says "I have a match after school! I don't have time for that!" I yell and stand up. "I have to help her get ready!" Reya yells. "Well this whole week you have been coming in late, I gave you both warnings that this would happen. End of discussion girls." He says and then we roll our eyes and sit down.

"Oops, sorry girls." Kris says from behind and then Reya throws a pencil right between his eyes. "H-hey!" He says "Oops, sorry dude." Reya says and sticks her tongue out at him before turning back around to the teacher. Then a boy comes in the class room. "Oh, I forgot class. We have a new student today." The boy looks shy and looks down at his feet. "Introduce yourself." The teacher says "I-Im Arashi Seyum..." the boy says and looks up finally.

(What a wimp.) I say in my mind and look over at Reya who is still glaring at Kris.

<after school>

Me and Reya snuck away after class to get to the match in the gym, but Kris was trying to ruin it all. "Hey Mr Young wants you two to head over to the office." We hear Kris say but we keep walking. "Stop being a teacher's pet idiot." Reya says and then we keep walking and I pull out my new gloves from my backpack. Kris then comes in front of us "You guys should listen and go." He says and smirks then I speak up. "Worried about your girl? I'm suppose to be fighting her this evening." I say and smile. "I won't jack her up too bad, if that's why you won't leave us alone." I say to Kris and then he glares. "If you hurt her, you better watch out." Kris says and then Reya kicks him in the stomach and then we both run to the match.

"Y-You....ding bats!" Kris yells and we just laugh and run. After running we didn't hear him coming after him so then we stopped for a breather. "Hes not coming. Wimpy jock." I say and then Reya laughs. As were talking though we hear someone around the corner.

"Hey new kid. I think we need to introduce ourselves." We heard some voice say. "Um....I'm Arashi Seyum..." we hear the new kid say. "Wel Arashi, its time to tell you the rules." The another voice says and then we hear them start to push on the new kid.

"Help him?" Reya asks me and then I sigh and walk over there. "Oh, Kenji and Yamada. This isn't the first time I've caught you getting rough with another classmate." I say and they turn around to me. "Shut it Iren, you can be just like us sometimes." Kenji says and then I run up to him and punch him in the stomach. "Shut up. I'm not a bully like you two." I say and then Yamada comes from behind me to choke me or something. He grabs me and then Reya comes and smacks him in the head with one of her text books. "Ugh..." Yamada moans and the lets go "HEY! NO FIGHTING ON SCHOOL GROUNDS!" We hear a teacher yell from a cross the room.

Kenji and Yamada then run away and then the teacher yells my name "Iren! I know that's you!" The teacher says and then I see Reya telling me to run but Arashi is in the corner frightened.
"Hurry! If we get caught we can't go to the match!" Reya whisper yells at me but I ignore her and go grab Arashi's arm and drag him with us.

"H-hey! Were gonna get in trouble!" Arashi says "We're already in trouble." I say and then we run to the gym.