24.

S

Jongho strolled in, completely oblivious to the scene in front of him.

"San?" he called out. "I'm staying here for the night to make sure you stay safe!"

"J-Jong.. Jongho!" San could barely get the name out. He was still collapsed by Wooyoung's side, pressing desperately on the bloodied tear in the Spider-Man suit.

Jongho stumbled over, taking in the amount of blood on the floor and the look on San's face.

"San... " Jongho said. "Why... Why are you just sitting there and crying? You have a first aid kit somewhere, right?"

"W-Woo keeps it in his room," San said. I guess I know why now. "It's in one of his drawers on the left side."

"I'm getting it. Check his pulse!"

As Jongho ran to Wooyoung's room, San gently pulled on Wooyoung's hand. He couldn't see clearly; the tears had made his vision foggy, and he gasped for breath. He pressed down on Wooyoung's wrist, searching. I can't lose you.

For a second, there was nothing, and San's heart shot up to his throat. But then he felt a faint flutter, slow but there. San cried out in relief. He held on tightly to Wooyoung's hand and continued pressing down on the wound, his shoulders tense and shaking. He heard loud footsteps as Jongho returned to his side.

"Get this suit off of him," Jongho ordered.

"I- I don't know how."

"Then we don't have time to figure it out," Jongho said. He dumped the contents of the first aid kit onto the floor and rummaged through it. He picked up a pair of scissors. "I hope his suit isn't expensive." Jongho snapped on a pair of disposable gloves, "If you want to help, I'm going to need you to calm down."

How could he... how could he calm down?

Jongho moved San's hands away and worked at cutting away the suit. With a clear view of the injury, San felt another sob forming in the back of his throat. This couldn't be real, he thought.

"We're lucky you keep a suturing kit with your first aid," Jongho mumbled. "We're going to have to give him stitches."

San stared down at the needle Jongho had picked up. "I-I didn't know we had it."

Jongho glanced up at San, seeing the fear in his eyes. His expression softened. "It's okay. I got this. Take a moment, okay?"

San nodded.

None of this seemed real to him. All he could think about was how Wooyoung was actually Spider-Man. He'd spent the past few nights kissing Wooyoung-- Not some random person in a suit, but Wooyoung. And even though it was San, he had kissed him back. Did that mean.... Did that mean Wooyoung felt the same way? He...

San stared down at the blood smeared on his hands. He... Wooyoung was leaving him. He wiped his hands harshly against his pants. He didn't care if it stained; he just had to get it off, off, off.

"San, if he wakes up in the middle of this, he'll be in for a world of pain," Jongho said. "I don't have anything to numb it."

"O-Okay."

"Try to keep him comfortable... and keep checking his pulse!"

His pulse.

San shifted and sat next to Wooyoung's chest, pressing a few fingers against his neck. "C'mon, Wooyoung," he mumbled.

"San, I'm starting the stitches. If he wakes up..."

"Mmm," San confirmed. Under his fingertips, he felt a faint beat. With his other hand, he cupped the side of Wooyoung's face.

Wooyoung looked too serene, like he was just sleeping, but as Jongho started working, a furrow formed between his eyebrows and a grimace on his lips.

Woo...

San choked up again at the sight. "H-hey... hey." He rubbed a thumb against the furrow between Wooyoung's eyebrows. "Baby, it's going to be okay," San said. As the words left his mouth, he felt like he was trying to convince himself they were true too. "J-Jongho knows what he's doing... I think, a-and you're... you're Spider-Man. You... you..."

He heard the scissors snap as Jongho finished a knot.

"I- I can't imagine a world without you in it, so you have to-," he paused to take a breath. "You h-have to pull through this, Woo."

San felt Wooyoung's heart rate pick up.

"Wooyoung, you h-have to get through this. Y-You have to let me yell at you when you wake up and-" he sucked in another breath. "And then, and then, you..." He caved inward and set his forehead against Wooyoung's. His tears trickled down onto Wooyoung's cheeks, and he wiped them away.

The room was filled with the sound of San's cries and the snap of Jongho's scissors. Through the window above them, the sky turned a shade of crimson as the sun slowly peeked over the horizon, signaling the night's end.

The door opened again.

.