Chapter 14- The murderer

A loud 'smack' traveled throughout the trial room. Everyone stared at Jane, mouthes opened. Monobear laughed to himself as he covered his mouth. Jeff faced the side as his cheek stung. He froze there, in shock.

When he realized what just happened he placed his hand over his cheek and shot Jane a heated glare.

"D...did you just slap me, you whore?!" He boomed. Jane stood, facing him with her arms crossed.

"No, my hand just high fived your face," she replied in a surprisingly calm tone. "Now, how about you stop being an idiot and look at some real evidence?"

"The fuck do you mean, bitch?! There is no more evidence! You're the culprit!"

"You've got that wrong," Jane exclaimed. "Think about what you and BEN previously said. BEN said that he had my knife and that I had the kitchen knife. Now think, why would I hide my knife in BEN's room? It would obviously point out that I would be the murderer."

"Because you..." Jeff's voice vanished, not knowing what to say. "Because...because...you... You have Freddy's information paper!"

"And just because I had his papers means that I killed him?" Jane said.

"It makes sense," Yuno added.

"But you're avoiding the question, Jeff," Jane exclaimed. "Why would I take the kitchen knife and hide mine in BEN's dorm?"

"I don't know!" Jeff said harshly. "How am I supposed to know? Just confess, Jane! You're the culprit."

"If I did then that would mean that I just doomed us all," Jane responded, shaking her head. "I'm not stupid, Jeff, but you seem really focused to believe that I am the murderer of this case."

"That's because there's so much evidence that says it's you!"

"That's true, but it could also mean that I'm being framed," Jane suggested, "just like Touko and BEN."

"If it isn't you, then prove to us that it's not," Arachne said.

"Gladly," Jane replied, nodding. She brought up Freddy's body back onto the giant screen. "As said by Izaya, Freddy was killed by a blade, isn't that right," Jane said.

"Yup," Izaya chimed.

"Though, he never said that it was a knife."

"That's not enough proof, Jane," Anri interrupted.

"Hold on, I'm not finished," Jane said back. She closed up onto the wounds on Freddy. "As you can tell, the cuts are thin and small, but it went all the way through the body." Jane tapped a few places on her tablet, and a three different pictures were placed beside the Monobear file.

The pictures were of the animatronic's back side. It showed of the cuts that were obviously seen in the front, traveled all the way to the back to reveal a tunnel inside the bear suit.

"If a knife penetrated through the suit, it wouldn't make it all the way through Freddy. Even if one tried, the greater damage will be afflicted around the area of where someone stabs. However, they still wouldn't make it through the suit," Jane explained. She eyes fell off the screen and looked at Jeff. "Do you understand now?"

"Y...you could have found something in the building!" Fukawa suggested.

"That's impossible. I studied the entire first floor and found that there were no weapons there. Isn't that right, Monobear?" She said. The bear suddenly jumped at the sound at his name. A snot bubble popped, and it was no mistaking that the bear was sleeping.

"Huh?! Uh, oh...Yeah. I never placed any weapons in this building. I mean, you're all experienced killers. You should know how to kill someone by relying on your own goods."