Two

"I don't understand a thing!" I screamed in frustration as maids kept pouring warm milk in my bathtub.

After the ball I couldn't stop thinking about that mysterious guy who was bold enough to talk to me like that. Even after talking with father I don't understand anything. All he said was stay away from him. He ain't anything good like what is that supposed to mean? Is he enemy? Or Knight? Or what is he?

You should really be brave to talk to anyone from royal family with such manners and even dare to steal a glove!

"Your majesty! There's a letter for you!" Hae Song, one of my trusted maid ran in the bathroom, her chubby cheeks flushed and dress all wrinkled up from running.

"Hae Song! Manners. You should not run in castle!" Court maid Jo scolded her which left the younger all guilty and lost the enthusiasm she had before. She bowed slightly and murmured apology as she handed me a letter.

"Who is it from?"  I asked as I was opening the envelope, thinking it was urgent.

"I don't know your majesty, some maid gave it to me saying that some handsome looking man left it.

I quickly opened the letter, already having an idea who might it be.

"Hello princess. I send you my genuine greetings. I was wondering if our meet up was possible. Strangely you have been on my mind since then, not leaving my thoughts even for a second. For a week it has been a torture for me, not seeing your face and slowly forgetting how you look, making my memories blurry. Your majesty, please spare some time and meet me. I also would like to show you something.  

Yours sincerely, Kwon Hyuk "

I don't know how much willpower it took me to say no to such tempting offer. It's not that I don't want to see his face once again and take every detail of his face in. No. It's just... seeing him now felt wrong. As a person who never met any man other than one profitable for kingdom it felt awkward and unacceptable from me to do so.

After finishing bathing and releasing tension I made sure to keep his letter at safe place in my room.

Yellow, red, green, brown colours mixing up as dead leaves fell to the ground and knitted big mat of colourful leaves. It was messed up weather, rain and wind, leaving anxiety kind of feeling while watching it. I loved this kind of weathers, it felt like they were able to convey my feelings which I was never able to express, as I was told to always be gracious and elegant.  No need for extra words and moves, which can distract people or disrupt them. I still remember the pain in my neck when I was made to walk with books on my head. For some reason everyone has been strict to me other than him, for who I was desperately waiting.

I still remember him soothing and calming me down after stressful day and telling me that these trainings would make me stronger and mum would be proud watching us.

"From the way you frown, have serious face and at the same time sad, you must be thinking about me or mum." I heard familiar voice which made me instantly turn around "how can you grow up this easily? Really, more you grow up, more you look like mum."

"Minhyuk!" I shouted as I ran to the older, hugging him as I haven't seen him for a long time.

"lil sis, I missed you." He touched my cheek slowly while rubbing it softly

"I missed you too! Come I want to hear all the news!" I grabbed his hand and brought him near the couch, making him sit down and looking at him, waiting to hear his news, full of adventure. "Go on! Tell me! How was Japan? How did the negotiation go?"

"Smoothly actually... I was not expecting it to be so smooth and so on. Country was amazing! You have no idea how beautiful all the ornaments were! I bought you some gifts, you can check them out later."

"Thank you! Tell me! Tell me more, brother!"

"Hmm let's see" he started to ponder and got comfortable in his seat, leaning back and bringing his hand to his face"women were gracious and brought umbrellas everywhere, while men were cold looking and had a stern look on their face. Streets were full of beautiful clothes and delicious food! It was heaven Maria! We should go there together once!"

"We surely should do so! Did you meet father? He was waiting for you"

"I'll see him soon, now I want to talk to my little sister. How was the ball?"

"Good..." I trailed of, thinking if I should tell him about Hyuk and Taemin, "father introduced me to his childhood friend, though I forgot the name, his last name is Lee if not mistaken. And he also introduced me to his son, Taemin. We danced for some time until young man, Kwon Hyuk didn't come and asked me for a dance. What's stranger is that after father saw us dancing he made a scene! I was so embarrassed by his actions!" I saw how his face changed when I mentioned about Hyuk "you have heard about that guy haven't you? Tell me. Your face sold you"

"It's just.. Maria... Kwon. Doesn't it ring a bell?" He asked slowly. After I shook my head as a no he sighed and continued "the Kwons have been our enemy since who knows when. That's why father is acting that way."

Realisation hit me. Kwons. Of course. How could I forget the name I have been hearing since childhood. How stupid of me.

I went back to my room since it was already evening and moon had already appeared brightly on the sky. I went inside and started lighting the candles as I felt some noise from the balcony and was ready to shout for some guards. But suddenly a hand covered my face, shutting me up.

I struggled and kicked but the person didn't budge.

"My princess, it's rude to kick someone like that." This voice... he was whispering right in my ear and his hand was still on my mouth preventing me from screaming.

I sneaked out knife from under the desk that was right next to me and attacked him but he swiftly avoided it. Moving his head away from all the throws I gave him.

"How dare you to act like this!" I hissed "how dare you to sneak into my room! And also dare to touch me! How dare you!" I continued hissing but instead of him apologising, he just smiled at me and caught my hand that was holding a knife.

"My Princess, there are no rules for me in my life. And I won't promise I won't sneak into your room once again to get to see you. You didn't even answer my letter, so I decided to set up a quick meeting. " he grinned once again, showing his pearly white teeth.

"How dare y-" I was once again to shout at him when he shut me again with his hand.

"Princess, there's no screaming needed. I will come back. Because not seeing you hurts me deeply" he whispered once again and moved forward, making me flinch backwards. He smiled at my act and swiftly left a kiss on my cheek after disappearing in the darkness.

My Princess, his words were still running in my head, making it burst from thinking, I will come back.

This all makes me want to scream. What does he want for God's sake.  My pounding heart can't take much.

A/N: how is it so far? Enjoying? I hope you do so ❤️

Happy New Year's babies. Have a nice day and eat a lot okay? Have fun with your family and friends and I hope you will have BEAUTIFUL year full of glow up and adventure. Don't hate 2020 think of it as a phase where you were given a chance to think and work on yourself. We sometimes need time off from everything and this yeah gave us big opportunity to do so. Introverts I know you are at your most comfortable phase and extroverts I'm so sorry you had to be alone and couldn't go anywhere. But think of it as coming out of comfort zone okay? Also if you lost anyone close to you this year I'm so sorry, try to be strong. This year was not easy but it could have been worse.

I love you guys, take care❤️