Four

I left him in the cave I found nearby and hurried off to the castle.

If I made him sit on the horse and ride it to the castle it only would fasten the poisoning. It would spread in the blood cells faster and kill him way faster. Cave was cold and I made sure he was wearing enough to cover his body. I remember I read somewhere if you want to slow down the process of something poisoning put it in the cold place. And I did so!

God damn it! Ugh!

"Your majesty! What are yo-" I put a hand over Hae Songs mouth to shut her up, I finally sneaked in the castle and I'm not letting her blow of off my cover.

"I need the ailment for the poison I asked you to get" I whispered.

"I-it's in your drawer. What's wrong?"

"I accidentally hit the animal and I don't want it to die" I bitterly smiled at her and left immediately. I don't want that ANIMAL to die.

"Now honey, bit this cloth hard, it's gonna hurt, it'll stink!" I warned him and poured the ailment in his wound and made him gulp down some too. It will work faster... right?

Finger crossed! Now since the medicine is on it's way to work why won't we warm up a litlle bit?

"U-ugh" after almost who knows how long, sleeping monster already woke up!

"Hallelujah you aren't dead!"

"You were worried about me?"

"Who are you again? More about myself and the war that would break out if you died. Bad news, that will hurt for a week or so, another bad news, you have to go home and I will take you there"

"See! You are worried about me!" He smiled at me like a dumb clown

"I'm not tolerating this. Jasmine! Let's go!"

"I'm sorry wait! Wait! It's fine! Take me home but my guard will send you home later"

"Okay"

"Jasmine baby, try to walk as slow as possible okay?"

After strolling for long time we finally saw a small house

"Stop joking around. This is not your house"

"True, but it's a safe place. Only You, my closest Friend and I know about this place" he smiled again. It was a small hut by the sea.

"Hyuk!" A young, blond man ran out from the hut as soon as we stopped outside of it "What the actual hell happened to you? This is not stroll in the woods now is it?"

I wheezed "stroll in the woods? More like jumping from the bench to another waiting like a bird to scare me"

"Sorry not sorry" he whimpered as he was helped to go in the hut.

"What happened to him? By the way I'm Tom"

"I accidentally stabbed him. I threw dagger at him, not expecting it to hit him" I shook my head and looked down. It's not that I haven't killed a person before, it's just he is innocent one in this case. I will never be able to kill innocent one.

"Tom! Take her home and come back! Also get some food!" He shouted from the hut

"Are you okay though? Does it hurt?" I went in the hut to see him laying on the bed

"I'm fine, I won't die."

"The dagger was poisoned, that's why I am concerned, here's the some of the ailment I have left for the wound, I'll bring some more tomorrow as well. Let's go Tom"

"Hey! Mariam!" He kind of shouted, just above the normal, speaking voice. I looked back to see what ese he has to tell me "thank you" He smiled as he passed out, probably from the medication. I just nodded and went out.

"Follow me Tom"

We went near the castle as much as possible. "Wait for me here okay? Do not go anywhere and do not make any sound" I warned him and went inside the castle.

"Princess!! Your majesty! Where have you been?" All the maids and the guards were all over me, "I'm sorry to worry all of you, I got lost in the woods, I went too far" I bowed and quickly left the place.

"Hae song!"

"Yes your majesty?"

"Get the medication again and pack some food as well. Do not tell anyone okay? I trust you"

She nodded and in some minutes came back, I wore my cloak and went to Tom again. "Take this basket. Give him the medicine after eating." I swiftly gave him it and ran back home, I was trying to be fast so no one would see me.

"Your majesty! What happened?" Hae song asked me as soon as I went in the room

"I actually stabbed a person and I feel in debt."

"Are they okay now?"

I nodded. I was too exhausted to answer her. I might see him tomorrow but not every day. It will be suspicious act from me. I can send Hae song but I'm also putting her into danger. They might kill her since she is stranger but again I can warn them right? Let's just sleep today and see tomorrow.

"Mariam!" Hae song shook me awake as I painted and sat in my bed. Another nightmare.

They were mostly about me dying, because of my father. And worst part is that if he feels insecure around me and scared of my intentions he can really kill me.

"Open the door! Kwon Hyuk! I won't repeat again!" After I woke up I went to his hut. I was worried about him. As much of an arse he is, he is also someone good person.

"Mariam?" Tom opened the door half awoken, still dozing off

"Were you sleeping? Sorry, its almost the noon!"

"It's just 9 in the morning what are you talking about" he whined.

"same thing for me. How is he?"

"He was whimpering whole night, couldn't fall asleep"

"I thought so... good thing I brought some medication, for the pain and also to fall asleep"

"H-hey" Hyuk greeted me as I went inside. He was looking horrible, pale and in sweat.

"You have fever... Tom get some cloth and cold water, not to cold though"

I sat next to his bad on the chair and he tried to say up but I stopped him, he needs every energy he can possibly save.

"Here" Tom gave me the things I asked him for and sat further in the room, leaving us practically alone

"I won't be able to visit you tomorrow and maybe day after that too. If anything send me a letter and I will send my maid. Hae song is her name. Just to let you know." I said as I put the cold cloth on his head, he was burning did I mention?

"Fever is normal thing after getting poisoned. Just eat what I brought you and you will be fine like a bird soon" I smiled at him but from my guess he wasn't even thinking it seeing anything anymore.

I have been here practically for whole day and even fell asleep on the chair while I had my head on his bed. I barely slept yesterday.

"Shh Tom!! Don't wake her up!" I heard as he silenced the younger who wanted to say something

"Do you think her father noticed?" He whispered

"Yes. He isn't dumb man, he knows her daughter is smart one and will find an alliance. If she wasn't neutral she wouldn't help me. More like she is trying to break off the cursed relationship between our kingdoms. I trust her. But we have to protect her Tom. She will be in danger from now on, as a woman and as a rebellion" he whispered and brushed my hand.