CHAPTER 1

“THERE IS BEAUTY IN NORTH”

The north is a beautiful place, full of happiness and joy but before!
The pleasure of simple life,
The amazing and logical designs of our atampa,
Breathe taking smell of the rainfall flowing against the green plants placed in the wide land of ‘AREWA’. I remember the old north where innocent lives dwells in peace  and harmony!
I remember the old ‘AREWA’ the Arewa of Sardauna, the Arewa of Sir Shehu Shagari, The Arewa of Tafawa Balewa!

The leader's whom served with their possible efforts and sacrifice their dear lives without expecting reward.
What are you vanishing out of the beauty of Arewa?
The Humra, Turaren wuta of Maiduguri? the Fura da Nono of Adamawa? or the Gurasa and Taushe of Kano?

The beauty of our religions? Agriculture?  Or peace and humanity?
There is none!
But we choose to vanish Peace, then humanity, lives doesn't matter anymore!
Rape is normalized while it never have justification! A day old baby, 3 months and 70 old lady all are not left out.

Killing innocent souls is more easier than killing an ant, shedding blood is now easier than shedding tears!

Where is North?
Our old North?
We are bleeding!

************************

"It was Tuesday Evening Bappa (Mallam Bukar) Turned Back Home From Market, He Tote some fruits, and Three (3) tubers of Yam for the Family.

"A gust of wind Blowing all over and Sky gathered cloud, It was So Windy that the tent nearly blew away. Obviously rain is about to fall.

"Madu who is a Son to Mallam Bukar was sitting under One Mango tree with his well furnished Table contains provisions stuff behind their House, He's Gentle and Hardworker, Intelligent and skillful, he strive all the way to sustain His study Need, He's in SS 1. "I want to be an Engineer" He use to say this to his father (Mallam Bukar).
He is trying to pack his trade provisions in to house seeing how the weather turns.
He is Seventeen (17) years old who has only one Fifteen (15) Years old Sister Aisha.

"Not far to that Bappa (Mallam Bukar) reached house, Madu! what are you still waiting for, can't you see rain is about to fall.
He uttered".

"Madu curiously turns face towards  where he heard the sound, "Bappa Oyo-yo (You are welcome) I'm trying to pack it". He said in a humble mannered.

"As he (Mallam Bukar) totter in to the House, Aisha comes in speedy run towards him. "Bappa sannu da dawowa ya Hanya?" ( You are welcome Bappa how was the journey?)
And collected what her father (Mallam Bukar) came with.
"Alhamulillah ( praise be to God) Mama", he said with joy and smile on his face.

"Usually he's calling her MAMA, (Aisha) because she was named after his Mother's Name, And beside she's the last born for the family.
The girl she's also ambitious whom always aim and hope to be a Doctor In future. She worn so many different awards through representing her school in lots of competitions.
She's in JSS THREE (3), Same school with her brother (Madu).

"Mallam Bukar and Aisha (His daughter) totter in to Room found UMMA sitting alone, Heavy rain start falling immediately.

"Mai Gida Barka Da Dawowa" (She welcome him) as she stood up from bed taking his meal and cup of water to him, what happen u didn't come back home early today? UMMA said.

"Huhhh Mallam engulf, Wallahi it's Our Car that got some problem and it took us so long before fixing it" He said.

"In a meantime, madu come in to the room with his cloths all wet. Expressing greetings to his Father, "Bappa Ina yini" (Good afternoon Bappa)
And he said "Lafiya kalau Alhamulillah, Ka Tattare kayan Duka?" ( Fine Praise be to God, have you packed it all?)
Yes I do. madu respond.