Chapter 1

Jessica's P.O.V

I woke up to my alarm singing my favorite song. "Payphone" By Maroon 5. I turned over , letting the song play while I rolled over and sighed trying to get a few extra minutes of shut eye.  Eventually I knew I was going to have to get out of bed, "Ugh" I groaned as I slammed my head on the phone of dragged my tired and achy body out of my comfortable bed.

I padded my way into my bathroom to get into the shower, turning to the mirror and groaning at the sight of my dark brown curly mess I call hair. I decided to start running my fingers through the unruliness of it trying to get it to unknot. I stripped out of my pj's and hopped into the warm water of my shower, letting it sooth my tense and tired muscles. I lathered my hair with my favorite strawberry shampoo, washed my face and body, and finally decided that it was time to get ready for another miserable day at school, aka my own personal nightmare.

Once I was finished, I started to get dressed. I put on my undergarments then I slipped into my favorite pair of dark wash skinny jeans. I decided that my my Maroon 5 concert tee-shirt was the best choice of clothing for the day. I made up my mind that for today I wouldn't wear my converse, instead I slipped into my black leather boots. Looking at my appearance in the mirror and gave myself a slight nod of approval. I realized that this as good as it was going to get for today. 

After I was dressed, I blew dry my hair, making sure to get all of the water out before straightening it. It didn't take me too long because my brown hair only cascades down to my shoulders which is good for managing the beast that is my hair. I quickly applied some mascara and eye liner, checking the time quickly running out of my room and hopping down the stairs.

 Mom was standing by the stove making breakfast. "Mmm, It smells delicious mom." I complimented her. She smiled and set down a plate of my very favorite pancakes. " Honey, I'm working two shifts today, so I won't be here when you get back from school." My mom is the best cook I have ever known, she can make almost anything, but most of the time she works too much to be able to cook dinner for us. She is the definition of everything that I am not. While she had blonde hair and green eyes, my hair is dark brown and my eyes are a dull shade of blue/ gray. Yet, one of the few traits I got from her was her curly hair.

I am the odd child out of the family. I have two sisters and a brother who were a constant pain in my butt. The others had wavy hair like mine but they were all blonde. Trying to keep up with them and my school work can be entirely exhausting. Thankfully my parents do not have to work on weekends so I usually get those day to myself. Except, that usually includes staying at home and reading one of my favorite books over and over again. I do not have any friends at school because I've only been there for about a month. I am not a social butterfly and no one tries to talk to me so I am on my own.

I sigh, "Okay I will just walk home then." She nods and distractedly pecks me on the cheek. Within a few seconds, I hear her pulling out of the driveway. I drag myself upstairs grab my book-bag and my keys before jogging out the small, wooden front door.

Stepping out onto the sidewalk, I put my headphones in and begin the two mile walk. The fresh, autumn air is like a burst of happiness. Sometimes, I get a ride to school with my mom before she goes to work, but on days that she works I walk to school. It's not that I can't drive, it's that we do not have any extra cars. I don't mind walking to school though, it relaxes me. That is until I reach my final destination, otherwise known as my own personal nightmare. 

###################################

Hey guys,

So, I was taking a look at this story a short while ago and realized it needed a lot of editing and improvement. I am doing my best to get a chapter up as I go. I am still not the best writer but I'd like to think that my skills have improved from the first time that I wrote this story. Enjoy this rewritten edition. 

Love,

Annie