Six

"I need to leave

"I need to leave." he spilt it out and got up.

I looked at him dumbstruck

"Are you kidding me who leaves a movie in the mid" that's the only thing I could say.
I was even trying to hide my heated up face. I leaned back on the sofa.

"We made a deal" he tilted his head to the left.

I groaned.

"I am really sorry I need to go"

"But you are coming to my party" I straightened up my spine

"What party?"

"I promised my friends a treat, at least they appreciate my marks" I rolled my eyes.

"I also do but that was the only thing I could say at that particular-"

"It's fine" I smiled

"So you are coming to my party this Sunday, at 4 pm and I'll send you the location and-"

"I am sorry but I can't."

"Why not? I'll introduce you to my friends."

"Because...because...I am shy!" he shrugged

"That's not even a genuine excuse. You are coming and it's final"

"No, I am not and that's more final than your final" he kept objecting.

His smile was irritating me. This wasn't a time to smile. He was not even serious.

"Why are you being so stubborn! It's such a small thing." I objected

He was glaring at me and his smile was flat now.

"For an hour, at least?"

"No."

"Half?"

"No."

"15 minutes?"

"No."

"Then just get lost"

I have a limit too!

"There is no point to get angry at such a small-"

"I said go."

"But-"

"Just leave!"

***

Mom came back right after he left. She had gone out for some work. She told me that she will make me something that I like. It lifted my mood.

That was her way of appreciating my marks. And I loved it.

Little things.

I had played the old Hindi song playlist again and sat by the window of room munching onto wafers.

Blue lays are the best!

I looked out of the window, down. The nights came early during the winters. The street lights flickered on and illuminated the area. I saw the dark tree leaves swaying in the breeze. They surely wanted to get detached from the branch and be free. Moving with the wind which has no one to stop it.

People were having their evening walks. Some tiny kids riding their tiny bicycles, some on the swings and some on slides. Some people sitting on the bench glaring at their phone screens.

That's when I saw two silhouettes.

One looked familiar...Dhruv!

~

Teaser: Why did he even lie to me? He could have told me that he was going on a date. I surely am no one to object his decisions.