Eleven

I woke up in a strange environment

I woke up in a strange environment. It looked nothing like my room. It was a room...Dhruv's room.

I blinked to adjust my vision and saw something black, something soft. Hair!

I realized almost instantly that half of my body was over his. I remember putting a pillow in between both of us. Where was it? Oh right, it was under my left arm and Dhruv was under my right arm, under my right shoulder, under my right leg. We were both on our stomachs. My face was so close to the back of his neck, that's when my heart started racing.

"Dhruv" I heard Mrs Mathur from the door outside

Shit.

I almost jumped at the spot. I managed to pull away from him quickly not realizing that I was already on the edge. I almost fell on the ground, thanks to that pillow. I pushed myself in a standing position.

"Dhruv...wake up" I screamed silently while I started shaking him

He pressed his face more into the pillow and pulled the blanket up to his neck.

"Dhruv" Mrs Mathur spoke even more loudly this time

I heard her footsteps approaching.

"Yes!" he said loudly as if he wasn't asleep a second ago

"I was coming to wake you up, but since you already-" Dhruv interrupted her before she could complete her sentence

"I was sleeping. Is it something important?" this time he had dizziness in his voice

"I am going to the hospital and I have some more work too, I guess I'll return by evening. I have made lunch. Also, I have made breakfast for Kanak. Shall I give it to her or will you?" I stood silently as if I wasn't even there.

Since when I am so good at 'Camouflage'!!

"I will!" he spoke almost immediately realizing that I was here standing right next to his bed

"Even if you try to hide I know that you like her and-"

"Maa!!" he threw away the blanket and instantly came into a seating position

My eyes widened. He was still talking to Mrs Mathur. I could only see his lips moving, everything he said wasn't making sense anymore. Did I lose my hearing? I knew he was avoiding eye contact with me.

"Bye" him speaking was what interrupted my thoughts. I heard Mrs Mathur's footsteps fading.

"I think you should go now." He turned to look at me "If mom entered the room god knows what she will think"

Nothing happened between us last night. It's just that if Mrs Mathur finds out that I was sleeping in his son's bedroom without her knowing she might think that something happened. No, she'll be sure that something-

Dhruv was looking at me as he got down from the bed. His hair all messed up his eyes were so pure and his skin too. I couldn't stop staring at him. Everything was so calm, no birds chirping, no vehicles on the road, no wind and even our breaths were soundless. I took a step forward.

Where was that confidence coming from?

His mild freckles looked so cute on his face right now. I had a strong urge to touch his face. I gathered some courage and now I could sense my fingers. I made sure that they were alive by making them move a bit. I forced my elbows and my forearm started raising-

"Have you seen my metro card?" I winced at Mrs Mathur's voice.

"Go" Dhruv blinked twice before saying that to me in a very low voice.

Almost immediately he pushed me towards the window and I escaped the location with full speed. As I was crossing the balcony I heard Mrs Mathur coming into his room.

Time was my friend this time.

~

Teaser: "Okay! And yes my friends aren't coming for some reason, so it's gonna be the two of us"

"Perfect!" he exclaimed with joy