Two

It has been nearly a week since I moved here

The society has four buildings in total, a swimming pool, two gardens and so much more.

I observed.

I am enjoying this place, I love watching small kids from a distance. I just hate it when they come closer. Since the day, I received an eaten up chewing gum in my hair and had to get a haircut. From hip-length to middle length. Not all kids are like that but, I don't wanna risk my hair again.

And oh my god! Have you ever heard their conversations?
Hilarious!
Make sure they don't notice you.

That's what I was doing that evening. I had turned off the notifications of my phone and sat on a bench in the park observing the kids. Well not to mention, I was waiting for my Hogwarts letter too. It is a good way to de-stress. The stress of my maths exam approaching and I haven't studied, not even a bit.

God knew I would be too powerful if I could do the math.

After realizing that I have wasted a lot of time, I decided to go and watch some videos on how to cover syllabus a week before the exam.

Yes, that is my true strategy for math.

Before that, I needed the keys which my mom had. She was somewhere here on a walk with Mrs Mathur.

***

"My son Dhruv can help you with that, he is good at math." Mrs Mathur suggested.

"Thank you, Mrs Mathur." It sounded helpful for a student like me who never pays attention in math class.

"He will be in his room, must not be asleep by now."

"Shall I go now?" I asked

"Yes! Yes! of course, studies are important." She was really enthusiastic about academics "It must not wait for anything."

I needed to pass this time and that was the very reason, I made no objections.

***

On my way back up, I recalled that he was the same coffee guy. I will surely ask him how he made such amazing coffee. As I thought more and more about it I started getting nervous and that too for no valid reason.

I unlocked my apartment door and went inside to grab my study material. I took my phone and my glasses. I only wore my eyeglasses while studying or reading to keep the strains at bay.

I decided to take a look in the mirror before leaving.

I had my dark brown hair tied into a ponytail. I had changed into something more comfortable which was a peach-coloured sweater with black leggings. And flip-flops.

It took me a few steps to reach the adjacent door but another two minutes before I pressed the bell.

Why was I even getting nervous in the first place??

The door swung open from the inside.

The guy in front of me... was unrealistically beautiful.

~
Teaser: I wasn't scared of him. I even went to the self-defence workshop for a week. I know how to defend myself.