Getting Complicated (Ch. 6)

Kira opened the door to her room in the castle and her bed was the most welcome sight she'd ever seen. She removed her leather gauntlets and her knee-high boots, then crawled under the covers. As the urge to sleep crept through her body, Kira's mind drifted back to her first meeting with Prince Samuel.

When she met him at the pub, he'd seemed a bit stand-offish, detached. Since the incident with Danielle, Prince Samuel's attitude towards her has appeared to have changed. He'd shown more of an interest in her, and she wasn't quite sure what to do about it yet.

All because there was....Prince Dean. Kira had felt the spark with him the moment he asked her for a beer in her pub in that deep, sexy voice of his. Of course, that was no surprise to Kira, given how she felt about the Dean she hopefully still had waiting for her at home.

The Dean Winchester she loved showed her the same playful, cocky attitude as the princely version, at least on the outside. But Kira knew her Dean had a softer side as well, like the one that knew all about her because he listened. How Kira liked her coffee, how thunderstorms sometimes scared her, her favorite flower. Knowing that he paid attention to those things about her made her feel seen, like she mattered to him.

Sometimes when she was alone with him, she'd turn just in time to see something in his face. A look that, if she didn't know any better, could easily be mistaken for fondness, adoration or even love? Why not? she asked herself. She definitely felt it for him, why was it so hard for her to believe that he would feel it for her?

Prince Dean also seemed to have found a way into her heart as well, going out of his way to spend time with her. For example, he offered to finish the marketplace tour Kira had started with Castiel. He introduced Danielle to his mother instead of brushing the child aside. He even asked the king to postpone the first event of the Princes' Challenge for a couple of days while Kira recuperated.

The situation was starting to get more than a little complicated. It was becoming clear to Kira that wherever or whenever a Winchester is involved, complications are bound to arise.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Dressed comfortably in the sweatpants and sweatshirt she found in her room, Lady Kira wandered into the library. Sam was at one of the tables, making notes from the book he was reading, but Dean was nowhere to be seen.

Out of the corner of his eye, Sam saw Lady Kira approach him, so he rose from his seat and gave a quick bow. "Lady Kira, is everything all right?" he asked.

She chuckled a bit at his formality, and motioned for him to sit back down in his chair. "Please relax, Sam. You don't have to do that," she informed him.

"Okay, I'll try to remember. Are you settling in all right? Finding everything you need?" Sam inquired.

"Yes, everything is fine. The clothes I found fit perfectly, no surprise there. The tub was heavenly, especially with the lavender bath salts, thank you," Lady Kira remarked. "Although, I think the scent triggered a memory. It wasn't mine, but I think it was from the Kira that belongs in this timeline," she said.

"Really? What did you see?" Sam asked.

"People mostly. You, an older gentleman with a beard, two ladies, one with dark hair and one with blond hair. And something with just Dean and future-Kira," she replied tentatively. "It brought to mind a question. What exactly is the relationship between her and Dean?" she asked.

Sam took a deep breath and exhaled before answering. "The answer to that question is more complicated than explaining how she got sent there and you got sent here," Sam answered.