5. || Secret Santa

Secret Santa

Grayza One-shot

"Remind me again, what am I doing here?" Gray complained for the nth time.

Lucy just pokes him in the rib, "Secret Santa." As if that one letter word is enough of an answer, unfortunately for him, it was the answer. He sighed loudly, showing his reluctance in any of this, this entire Secret Santa thing was not bad for him, but the local matchmaker thought it was not enough and decided to raise the stake.

By not assigning the real names but a nickname. Seriously, how the hell he is supposed to know snowflake as far as he could remember he is the only one related to snow.

Except for Juvia

He literally shudders at the thought. He is not ready to talk to Juvia. People may think whatever they want, his small part still thinks of her as a stalker. She is nice and all but the thought of him being her secret Santa is going to result in her fainting.

He forced his thoughts to move on.

Who is Erza's secret Santa?

Again, he mentally kicked himself. Jumping from dangerous territory to an absolute suicidal one.

"Who did you get?" Lucy asked.

He shoves the note in her hand and moves inside to settle for a neutral gift.

"Who is snowflake?" Lucy walked beside him, "Gray." She asked again.

but he just shrugs and indicates to her note.

To his surprise, her cheeks redden. And before she can tell, Gray calmly told her, "Natsu?"

"H...How?" her eyes widen in surprise.

He smirks and points at something.

Lucy looks at the pointed thing. It is a mattress?

She raises her eyebrow in question. "Cause Happy told me, he destroyed the previous one." He again shrugs and moves on to search something for snowflake~~

After an hour of intense searching, Gray concludes, that he can't buy a gift for someone who he doesn't know and decides to buy some cake.

He was again very confused with what flavor to buy when his eyes fall on the strawberry ones.

He smiled and walked up to buy it.

Even though the snowflake in question was someone he had no idea about, he wanted to buy the strawberry cheesecake. Because he liked it.

Not because it happened to be the favorite of a certain someone.

No, definitely not.

"You are late." Her words send a chill down his spine. He was not expecting anyone.

"Sorry Erza, got busy with shopping." he noticed her not in her usual Armor but wearing a red Christmas dress. She looks......

He didn't finish that sentence, he was her best friend. And best friends are NOT supposed to have such thoughts.

"Gray..." his eyes fall back on hers. But to his surprise, she had a small smile and was giving him something.

"here." She said

He carefully takes the gift from her hands and looks back at her.

"Are you my secret Santa?" she nodded.

He frowns back at her.

"How the hell did you guess, Fire Dragon King was me?"

Her eyes now danced in amusement, she chuckled and leans in. she felt him stiffen in surprise, coming dangerously close to his face. She went for his ears, her hot breathe causes shivers down, "Cause Natsu was Ice Demon Slayer." 

Author's Note:

Consider this a late Christmas gift.