Lost.

My eyes drifted over to Bellamy as he sat on the chair with his fingers threaded through his hair. I watched him from my position against the wall with my arms crossed over my chest.

He was worried, so was I. Extremely worried as I anticipated the news that we all so not patiently waited for.

I couldn't ignore my frantic heartbeat as my anxiety washed over me and I kept on racking my brain over my impulsive decisions that were meant to be helpful but only ended up hurting somebody, her.

She wasn't even supposed to get so involved in all of this but she wasn't supposed to get hurt. He was, but she ended being hurt, because of me.

I softly brushed over my wounded knuckles from attacking Reed, I don't understand how it happened but it happened because he wouldn't stop provoking Robyn, the moment he talked about selling her I blanked out and found myself beating Reed up.

When they pulled me away from him that's when I noticed Robyn on the floor, for the past hours I could see her getting dizzier and tired but she forced herself to stay awake waiting to be 'saved' by Bellamy.

It was quite obvious that these two were very comfortable and close with each other, no matter what happened between them they still somehow managed to get past it and still have a great relationship, a relationship, it's depth that I don't know how deep it is but it's pretty deep.

Once we all noticed her fainted on the floor, we all rushed to get her off the floor and take her to the hospital. Bellamy was the first to reach her and carry her to his car leaving an angry bloody Reed on the floor, I might've been fired and lost all the funds for helping dad however I could deal with that later, Robyn comes first.

Her lips were chapped and her skin was slowly becoming paler than her normal glowing skin. Her body felt colder and her breaths were shorter. She would conceal her pain by saying she was sitting uncomfortably and whenever I tried to help her she would brush me off.

Now here she was, laying on an operating table as doctors opened her up to find out what was wrong with her, hence I say it is all my fault. If it hadn't been for my carelessness, Jay wouldn't have beat her up the way he did, sure she did worse to him but he actually damaged something inside her and we still don't know what.

I don't know how to feel, and I don't know how to act. For hours I have been leaning against the wall waiting for the doctor to tell me she will be okay and that she is okay. That perhaps one day I could do right by her side and prove to her that I am worthy of being in her life, to correct all the wrong I've done to her.

Only if she knew how much I've been honest to her, about my whole life. However, I did lie my way into her life, I lied to gain her trust, I lied to get closer to her, I lied to her just to have her be interested in me, and that might've cost me the best relationship I have ever had in my entire life.

My eyes once again found themselves fixed on Bellamy, my annoyance grew as I stared at him longer and longer. He shouldn't be here, neither should you. He put her in this position, and you could have taken her out of it.

My guilt was eating me up and all I needed to know was that she was going to be okay. That she would still smile for me. God, I pray that she's okay.

Many nurses and doctors came and passed but none of them had any information to 'divulge' at the moment about her condition. Just a bunch of bullshit.

I walked out to the exit to get some fresh air and think clearly over things, where to go next. What was the next move, how would I take care of my family. I guess we would have to live off the money I kept away, hopefully, that would be enough to get us through the year.

I took my phone out and dialled my mother's number since this was a burner phone. I put it against my ear and heard the annoying ring sound as I waited for her to answer the call. I anticipated the conversation and waited patiently wanting to hear her comforting voice.

"Hello?" her soft voice answered and a small smile made its way up my face, the only real genuine smile I've had today.

"Hey Mama, how are you?" I asked into the phone and I heard her sigh.

"What's wrong my sweet boy?" she asked softly and everything I've been holding in came out flowing right out of me. I told her all about how I was afraid to lose Robyn, especially not now because I was just beginning to realize how much of a great friend she has been to me and how I want to keep her around forever.

"I'm really scared," I sobbed into the phone.

"All I can say is that you must have faith that she will make it out of that operating room and that she finds it in her heart to forgive you for whatever it is you did to her that you won't tell me. But if she is really who you say she is, and she sounds incredible and wonderful, then she will forgive you. Just show her how sorry you are for what you've wronged her with."

I hung on to every single word my mother said and made sure that I understood what she was saying. I was now determined to make it up to Robyn, and I'm going to make it work!

"Thank you, Mama. How is dad?"

"He's doing better, concentrate on yourself for now. We've got it handled this side, Ezekiel."

My mother wasn't telling me everything about dad and I feared that he was feeling much worse than last week but I'm sure she thinks that I have way too much on my plate right now to know about dad.

"Ma, you can tell me about dad."

"It's okay, Ezekiel, go handle your problems. I will tell you if anything happens, I promise."

"Okay then, I love you ma," I said softly.

"I love you too, goodbye."

She hung up the phone and I threw it away into the garbage can and walked back into the hospital and found Bellamy still in the same spot.

He rose his head and looked at me before looking back down at his cup.

"Robyn has been through some pretty messed up stuff in her life," he said still staring at the cup in his hands. "And every single one of them she has overcome them coming out stronger than before."

I didn't understand where this was going until I heard a sob and saw tears run down his skin, he still cared for her deeply.

"She's a strong person and she will make it through," I believed every word he was saying but I couldn't respond because of guilt. He took a huge breath in and a small laugh escaped as he wiped his tears away.

"For as long as I've known her, she has never looked at anyone the way she looks at you. She's never looked at me that way either," he whispered nonchalantly but you could see his tensed shoulders. "And that makes me really jealous."

He admitted before getting up with his cup in his hand and walking towards me, he put his hand on my shoulder and lightly squeezed it. "Yes, you betrayed her but she will forgive you. And once she does, treat her right...she deserves it."

I registered everything he had just said and realized how right he had been. Robyn does deserve every good thing in the world, she deserves happiness.

The operating doors opened abruptly and the doctor came out in his uniform with a sombre look.

"I'm sorry. We lost her."

A/N Happy New Year y'all. Sorry I've been MIA but thank you for being supportive over this book. Please don't forget to vote, comment and share❤️