Ch-1: Game Over: You Died!

Y/n's POV:

I watch in amusement as my friend throws down her controller in frustration. "Damn it! I got the bad ending again!" "Hahaha! I told you, this route was hard!" My friend glared at me with an annoyed pout on her face, while I just continued to laugh.

It was a nice Sunday afternoon meaning we didn't have any classes today. So, My friend, Jane and I decided to spend our free day hanging out in my dorm room playing video games on my console. The game that we were, or well, Jane was currently playing  is my all-time favorite game, Reign of Light! 

It's a Fantasy Dating Game that takes place in the magical Empire of Raihes. You play as Kirilina Aurelius, a  young peasant girl, who at the age of eleven was taken in and adopted by Count and Countess Aurelius, after her birth parents died of an unknown disease. 

As the Count and Countess were unable to have their own children, they showered Kirilina with affection and treated her as if she was their own daughter. At the age of thirteen, it is discovered that Kirilina can use magic, which came as a shock as normally only those nobility or royalty have the ability to wield magic. Commoners typically don't have this ability unless they were somehow related to a noble family.

After a bit of investigating, it is revealed that Kirilina is a descendant of the Goddess of Light, Elaine, the being responsible for creating the world as believed by the people of the Raihes Empire. This allows Kirilina to wield the ancient and powerful magic known as Golden Flames, which was said to be the symbol of the goddess. This is also used as proof of Kirilina's true lineage as only the direct descendant of the goddess can use this illustrious magic. Thus now, Kirilina is now seen as a prophet that should be worshiped by all.

At the age of seventeen, Kirilina is enrolled into the empire's most prestigious magic school, Alaura Academy of Magic and Studies. This is where the game begins and you meet the capture characters. One of the things I love about this game is that it's a bisexual harem! You get to choose between several handsome men and beautiful women!

The first male capture character is the Arrogant and Possessive Crown Prince, Alec Raihes. 

Alec is one of the heroine's childhood friends and is described as black-hearted and vain. Alec fell for Kirilina the moment the two met and described her as "The most beautiful girl I have ever seen" and vowed to make the heroine 'his woman'. However, the heroine often ignored or flat-out rejected Alec's advances as she disliked his selfish and overbearing attitude towards others as well as herself. Unfortunately, this only made Alec want her more. 

As the crown prince, Alec was often spoiled as a child and was used to being given everything he wanted and was never told no. Alec is also a bit of a womanizer as his devilishly handsome looks and high status attracts the attention of many women regardless of whether or not they are nobles. So, for a woman like the heroine, who is seemingly of a much lower status than Alec, to reject him is unthinkable! However, instead of getting angry at the heroine, Alec that's this as a challenge and made it his mission to steal Kirilina's heart, only for it to be his heart that got stolen in the end.

Alec is the most popular among the four male capture characters and I honestly don't get why. He's such an arrogant prick, which I guess is the point, but I just can't stand characters like him! Though I do find it funny how Alec becomes absolutely whipped for the heroine by the end of his route.

The second male capture character is the Shy and Overlooked Second Prince, Alastor Raihes.

 Alastor is the younger brother of Alec as well as another one of the heroine's childhood friends. He is described as being passive and soft-spoken. Growing up, Alastor was often ignored by the people around him in favor of his older brother. Which led to him and Alec having a pretty strained relationship in the present. It didn't help that as children, Alec would often bully his younger brother. Alec would steal Alastor's things only to discard them when he got bored. Alastor would attempt to get their parents or the servants to do something, but since Alec was the favorite child, he almost never got into trouble. At best, he'd get a light scolding, but that was about it.