CHAPTER 28 - ENDLESS RUN

CHAPTER 28

ENDLESS RUN

"Shit!" Ansel exclaimed after they all short circuited a van from the basement. 

As of the moment, they are not sure if they're found out but as long as they can still run away, they are willing to risk it. Ang tanging kinakabahan lang sa kanila ay si Irina na gulat pa rin sa nangyayari.

Fisher grabbed the seatbelt and looked at Ansel. "Why?"

Ansel grabbed the stick of the van they successfully picked up. "This is automatic."

And then he glanced at everyone. "Does anyone know how to drive an automatic?"

With no answer, Ansel sighed in defeat.

"Guess fuck!"' Ansel said as he pushed the stick forward and pressed on the gas.

Out of nowhere, the car went reverse and hit the wall behind them. Lahat sila ay halos mauntog sa isa't isa. Fisher then gathered himself as he put his seatbelt with his trembling hands. He sighed and nodded.

"Fuck it is." Fisher murmured.

At the same time, the alarm sounded which made them panic a bit more. Ansel grabbed the stick shift again and despite the damaged behind of the van, he pressed on the gas once more and drifted from their place.

"Left!" Sora said.

Ansel turned the wheel to left and as they saw Papa's few men trying to stop them.

"No, right. Sorry." Sora  added.

Ansel pressed on the gas even more as he saw the exit of the basement parking when he turned to the right corner of the parking, slowly being blocked by the gate and some of Papa's men.

"Sorry not sorry!" Ansel exclaimed as he forgot about the brake and sprinted towards the gate.

In a loud noise, the van destroyed the frail gate of the basement parking as the van floated midair after jumping from the pavement. They were all screaming as if the small second of floating in the air took minutes of their life.

Nang bumagsak muli ang van ay kaniya kaniya ang kanilang sigaw nang makita ang mga sasakyan na mga nakasunod agad sa kanila.

"Move, move!"

"Don't stop!"

"Ansel!"

"We're dying!"

Ansel then grabbed the wheel again and pressed on the gas. "I hate automatic cars!"

Umi pulled out his small map as he tried to check their current position and try to navigate the way but since the van has been moving around and even jumping from humps to humps, he can't read any symbol.

"Where do we go now, Umi!?" Ansel asked.

Umi groaned as he tried to look closer.

"I can't read shit!" Umi exclaimed as he tossed the map to the side.

Tiningnan niya ang dashboard ng sasakyan at pinindot ang kung ano ano. Nabuksan pa ang radyo habang nagpipindot. While the old jazz beat sounded, he clicked the on button of the small screen on the dashboard.

"I saw this on Papa's car one time." Umi said as he randomly clicked around the screen. "Here."

"Vy seychas v Ostankinsky District." The lady from the GPS said.

Lahat sila ay napatingin doon.

"What'd it say?" Ansel asked as he turned to a corner.

Umi looked at Ansel. "We're in Ostankinsky District."