EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

SHCHUKINO DISTRICT , MOSCOW, RUSSIA FIVE YEARS LATER

Ansel pulled off in front of their apartment and looked at the rear view mirror of his car before walking out of the car and grabbed the box of cake with a bouquet of roses. He fixed his suit since it was crumpled a bit back at his workplace.

The snow was so thick on the ground as Ansel walked towards the apartment. 

The trees were covered by the snow and the weather was so cold.

Tiningnan din kung maayos ang pagkaka tali ng kaniyang hanggang leeg na buhok na hindi na niya muling pinaikli pa.

Umakyat na siya sa kanilang floor at binuksan ang pintuan ng apartment.

When he walked in, Mia peaked in from the side and smiled at him.

"Welcome home, Ani." Mia smiled while wearing the apron and gloves. "Mom and dad went to the mall first. They said they'll come home tonight."

Ansel nodded as he looked around.

"Fine, fine." Mia chuckled. "Forget about your sister!"

Ansel chuckled as he kissed Mia on her forehead. "You're still number one, you dumbass."

"A's here?" a voice asked from the kitchen.

Nilingon iyon ni Ansel at nakita si Irina na nakasuot din ng gloves at apron. Ngumit sila sa isa't isa at lumapit. Inabot ni Ansel ang bouquet ng roses kay Irina na tinaggap niya saka humalik sa pisngi ni Ansel.

"Happy birthday." Ansel said in a low voice.

Irina nodded while looking at the roses. "Thank you."

Ansel took a two years long therapy at Brazil. It was never easy for all of us to adjust with each other but eventually, it paved way and worked. Years after Ansel adjusted well, they all decided to Russia to start again.

Adrian and Katya Hoffman was offered a job at the post office by the Prime Minister himself while Ansel and Mia stayed with each other in an apartment near Ansel's workplace company.

Ansel were picked up by Rik from the gates. Ansel smiled at him as he got up from leaning against the gate after having a quick chat with the Taggers around. He removed his coat as he shrugged off the snow a bit.

"You lookin' young, Rik." Ansel smiled at him.

Rik sighed as smoke came out off his mouth and pulled out his hands from his coat.

"Well, you're looking...human." Rik sighed.

Ansel put his arm around Rik's shoulder as they both walk inside the District.

"I am human." Ansel chuckled.

"Glad you are."

Ansel looked at Rik. "Man, don't you miss me?"

Rik turned his head to Ansel and hit his stomach with his fist. "Did you know that I almost had a heart attack when I heard about the incident!?"

"Ow.." Ansel groaned as he clutched. "And put your damn coat on, it's cold!"

Ansel smiled right after when Rik started walking ahead of him. He then followed Rik and put his arm around his shoulder again in which Rik didn't refused.

"Thanks for taking care of me, Rik." Ansel said.

"I'm still waiting for the payment."

"Aaahh." Ansel laughed as he caught the sight of the arena ahead of them. "Gotta wait for another five years. Tax are really my enemy."