11

Sunwoo laid in their makeshift bed, absentmindedly tracing the scar on his chest, his other arm wrapped around a sleeping Hyun Soo. He had almost died. The thought of it would've terrified him years ago, but he was slowly coming to terms that he wasn't afraid of death anymore. As long as he died protecting his friends, he'd be okay with it. But he might not die anymore. Not now that he was becoming a monster. Sunwoo glanced at Hyun Soo, the boy clinging onto Sunwoo's shirt. Hyun Soo had been shaken up from the entire ordeal and had refused to leave his side. Sunwoo would have probably done the same if it was Hyun Soo who had almost died.

A yawn broke him out of his thoughts and he looked down at Hyun Soo, smiling softly as the boy blinked at him.

"Good morning,"

"Morning," Hyun Soo said, leaning up to press a kiss against Sunwoo's cheek. The affection made the boy slap a hand against the cheek that Hyun Soo just pecked.

"You just-" his eyes were wide with surprise. "You just kissed me,"

"You can't be the only one kissing me,"

"Do it again," Sunwoo demanded, beaming when Hyun Soo rolled his eyes but kissed his cheek again.

"Gay boys," Eun Yoo's voice caught their attention and Sunwok groaned, throwing a pillow at her.

"Stop barging in every time!"

"The door was open," she said easily, but Sunwoo can sense that something is wrong. "It's Jisoo. She has some kind of problem," Sunwoo sat up.

"What kind of problem?"

"Appendicitis," Sunwoo swore, pulling on his flannel and taking a hold of Hyun Soo's hand, dragging him to follow behind Eun Yoo. Eun Hyuk looked up when they reached him, lips pursed thinly.

"What can we do to help?"

"I'll perform the surgery," his cousin answered. "I'll need anaesthetics, antibiotics, saline and surgical instruments," Sunwoo tuned out the rest of the conversation, walking into the room where he knew Jisoo was in. The older girl was sprawled across the sofa, face contorted with pain, one hand clutching onto the side of her stomach. She smiled faintly when she saw him.

"I would ask if you were okay, but I can see that you're obviously not," she wheezed out a laugh.

"Don't make me laugh idiot. It hurts too much. Are you going out with the rest of them? I heard Eun Hyuk is sending them out to go get some supplies,"

"Of course I am," Sunwoo replied. "If it'll help you, then I'm ready to do anything," Jisoo looked at him intently, eyes filled with sadness.

"You're too good for this world Sunwoo," he huffed out a laugh of surprise.

"What are you talking about? I'm an asshole,"

"I never said you weren't," she said, lips quirked up. "But you don't give yourself enough credit. You've done things and helped out in ways that nobody else has,"

"Somebody has to noona," his voice was serious.

"You almost died," the reminder of the incident has him flinching.

"I'd rather die saving one of you than die having done nothing," he leaned forward and took her hand, patting it gently. "Don't die noona. You still have to teach me how to play more than two notes on the guitar,"

"I think saying that you learned at least two notes is stretching it," Jisoo giggled at his pout. "Take care," Sunwoo nodded, standing up and giving one last glance to the girl before going outside. A hand tugged on his sleeve, and he turned around to face Eun Yoo. The girl fiddled with the ends of his shirt, looking up at him with an intensity he had never seen.