15

The residents exchanged scared looks as Jung Seop and Eun Hyuk made their way to where Sun Young was. Hyun Soo pulled Sunwoo's fingers away from where they were digging into his palm, discreetly replacing them with his own warmer ones. A shot rang through the air, and Hyun Soo stood up, ignoring the soldiers that pointed their guns at him.

"What just happened? Wha-"

"Did they kill Eun Hyuk?"

"No, he's on their side, so it must be Sun Young unnie," Hye In said. A bullet lodged itself into a soldier, and Sunwoo was up immediately, punching a soldier in the face.

"Sunwoo!" Eun Yoo screamed as he kicked at another soldier, the anger he was holding back finally coming out. He spotted Yi Kyung running away, a few soldiers chasing after her.

"What was that?" Jung Seop yelled, choking when Eun Hyuk jumped on him.

"Hyun Soo! Now!" he shouted, and Hyun Soo scrambled to his feet, shoving the barrel of the gun against a soldier's neck. The residents followed suit, all of them rising up and fighting against the criminals. Sunwoo grinned, ignoring the stinging sensation in his knuckles as he punched another soldier.

"Everyone stop!" Jung Seop shouted, and Sunwoo froze as he realized that the man had a foot on Eun Hyuk. "Let them go before I blow his brains out," he pressed the gun against Eun Hyuk's forehead, and Eun Yoo whimpered in horror. Sunwoo let go of the soldier he was holding, kicking him in the side before letting him crawl away.

"Sir," a soldier squeaked, and Sunwoo lifted his head to see Sun Young walking towards them, fingers sharpened to talons. She stabbed a soldier who approached her, cutting through them with a glazed expression. She strode towards Eun Hyuk, ready to stab him and Sunwoo gasped as Hyun Soo stood between them. The talon ran through his chest, and Sunwoo closed his eyes as he heard Hyun Soo strangle Sun Young, the woman now a full-fledged monster. Hyun Soo let go of her, falling to the ground, and Sunwoo flinched as Jung Seop kneeled down, poking at the healing wound in Hyun Soo's back as the younger collapsed onto the floor.

"You're keeping something strange,"

"Sir, he'll recover soon,"

"Leave him alone you bastard!" Sunwoo shouted, Eun Yoo and Hye In holding him back, and Jung Seop smirked at him.

"We should kill," he said slowly, relishing the panic that flickered over Sunwoo's face. "Every monster," tears tracked down Sunwoo's cheeks as they poured lighter fluid over Hyun Soo's motionless body, a shaky cry escaping him when they lit it on fire. Fire. It always haunted him, always took away the people he loved. His family, Jae Heon, and now Hyun Soo. The flames terrified him, but he found himself unable to look away as they covered every inch of the boy he loved. When the fire finally stopped, Sunwoo collapsed against Eun Yoo, eyes wide as he stared at Hyun Soo's dead body in shock.

"He's gone," he said, stunned. Jung Seop smiled at him, dragging Hyun Soo's body into the elevator. "He's gone," he repeated, sinking to the ground.

"Sunwoo," Eun Yoo shook him, anxiety filling her when Sunwoo stared at the spot where Hyun Soo's body had lain, eyes blank.

"Where the hell have you been?" the soldier asked as two others came inside.

"Shut your trap," the shorter one said rudely. "Your breath stinks," he stopped in front of Yuri, sniffing her before pointing to the infirmary. "You smell of disinfectant. You better go over there. The patient's in bad condition. I think she's going to die soon," Yuri obeyed the order, walking with the soldier following closely. Gil Seop stood up, falling back down with the guns pointed at him. He eyed Sunwoo worriedly, the boy quietest he had ever seen him. He sighed in relief when Yi Kyung jumped down from the vents, gesturing for everybody to get up. They all screamed when a soldier blocked their pathway.