G̶H̶O̶S̶T̶ Log #2

The storm came back, but not as a typical storm. It was just a big wall of water, but still just as deadly. Why it came back... I still don't know, and I have no way to find out.

Midas trusted me. He came to me with ideas about this "loop" that we've been stuck in, keeping us trapped on the island... the storm being the root of it all. He told me to fight it, to figure out some way to break this force I still don't even understand. The storm. Break it. Set everyone free.

It failed. Why did it fail...? I checked my plans. I rechecked my plans. I skimmed every last bit of our plans. I looked at every little detail in between and it still failed. It failed. I failed. I failed everyone. The plans failed.

...

SHADOW came. They swarmed the Agency right after, as if they knew it would fail. They held us captive and told us if we didn't join them for good, everyone in GHOST would perish. We couldn't let that happen.

Chaos Agent knew I was a double agent the entire time. Chaos Agent told me when I was his little pawn, "The Chaos Agent hears and sees everything." He wasn't lying. It's like, he knew it would fail, he had everyone ready, it did fail, and they struck. They took us. Midas and I became the scapegoats of everything.

Midas is gone. He left, he left me here... when we were captured, the very first thing they threatened was that if anything happened against SHADOW's better wishes, we would pay the price. If he plotted something against them, I would die. If I plotted something against him, he would die. Not even a week later, he was gone. It's been a month since then, and they still haven't killed me... but it could happen any day.

It should have been different. Everything should have been different—no more storm sitting on the edge of the island, no more supposed strangers running around and destroying the island when we can't see it, only for it all to be reset again. I wouldn't be stuck here, alone, with The Device's failure keeping a burden on me that I can't share with anyone because everyone here hates me.

I miss him... but what would he tell me if he ever... if he ever returns? He told me in his stupid little parting letter that everything woulf be alright, that he'll fix everything, but I could see it. I could see the certain disappointment in his eyes, even his bad one, every time he looked at me. Every time he looked at the SHADOW logo on my shirt.

I screwed up his plan. I screwed up everything. I'm supposed to be 'The Engineer,' and my invention failed. I'm nothing but a failure.

I'm so sorry. Skye, M, Meowscles, everyone... I miss you... I hope you're okay.

Please forgive me..

Signed,

Jules