One

Snoh

Perfection had held me to unreasonable standards. Part of me wanted to blame my fucked up upbringing while the other realized that I was the only one to be held accountable for my warped perception.

My perfectionism led me to become a control freak. Anxiety brewing on top of it to give me that perfect amount of self-doubt. Constantly slipping between a state of delusion, fully believing myself and thinking I'm capable, which makes the predictable fall into reality hurt so much more.

The internal battle I had with myself caused me to resort to songwriting. My dream since I was 6 or 7 was to become a singer to share my art with the world with my voice. The hundreds of songs I had in my vault were proof enough that I was talented but I never could push myself to be that vulnerable. To bare my soul with my rhymes and my voice with its beautiful imperfections that fit my sound. Dating in the media and constantly working with artists showed me how viciously these people could be ripped to shreds. I liked to be in it but a "nobody" per se. No one cared about who was on the writing credits who put time into the studio helping the artist develop the sound and melodies. I was grateful but a small fire brewed in the pit of my stomach.

"Singing tonight boss" I turned my head to see Niall asking his daily inquiry. I shrugged my shoulders giving him the answer I always gave him 'I don't know'. He rolled his eyes and continued to take orders from the customers at the bar.

Indigo's Place had been a gift from my uncle. He became my legal guardian at the ripe age of 22, each of us just helping the other figure out this thing we call life. We were close in our own way. Our scars burning so deep we took time to reevaluate our definition of family. In regards to blood relatives, he was all I had and he gave me the club as a symbol of our past and future as he put it. Once I turned 18 and took over full time I hired the duo or Louis and Niall. They were best friends who had just moved to America each of them lost in what they wanted to do.

It amazed me then how they became best friends. Louis was the textbook definition of an asshole he grunted when he didn't feel like using words and his face was always graced with a scowl. He barked orders at the staff and avoided any interaction with customers. Niall on the other hand was the sweetest most bubbly guy on the planet. He always had a corny joke that accompanied his optimistic outlook in life. The perfect epitome of a Capricorn and a Sagittarius.

"Snoh" Louis yelled. I pulled myself from my thoughts and walked over to his cave aka the storage closet.

"Yes grumps" Louis rolled his eyes at the nickname and shoved some papers in my hand. It had a list of all the club inventory. I wasn't the best with math... an understatement I was terrible at this shit. Louis had always taken care of that stuff just having me sign off. I trusted him with it.

"Don't exactly know what I'm looking at here hun" I chuckled. Louis huffed out one of his animalistic grunts before responding.

"We haven't met or succeeded our expected monthly profit" Louis annoyingly lets out. I nod my head humming.

"Should we reopen open mic night" I question Louis' nods and get back to his gremlin work. I leave him be and head out to let Niall know the plan for tonight I guess I was singing.