Part 1

You stirred in your sleep and woke up in bed, covered in sweat.

Did i have a nightmare? You thought, as your eyebrows furrowed in confusion, as you got up from your bed and felt the heat in the room.

"Holy crap, why?" You say aloud, as you catch how loud you actually said that and pause waiting for any sign of movement within the room as you held your breath waiting for any noise.

Nothing, no sound at all.

You sigh, as you turn on the fan in the room, and then walk into the bathroom to run cold water on your face.

Why is it suddenly hot? Why does california weather have to be so bipolar all the time? You thought, as you looked at your reflection in the mirror, waiting for the heat to dissipate from your body.

And after a minute of still feeling hot, you moved towards the shower and turning on the water and taking off your pajamas, and standing under the water, and after a fews minutes finally felt the heat leave your body.

You lightly patted your body free of the water but decided to leave your hair wet, to make sure that if the room was still as hot as it was before, that maybe it wouldn't hit you as quickly.

You looked down at the pajamas that you had been wearing. A pajama set that was a t-shirt and pants, as you shook your head.

No wonder why i was hot. You thought, as you wrapped the towel lightly around you, as you went to grab a different pajama set, this time one that was a tank top and shorts, and walked into the bathroom to change.

Once changed, you opened the bathroom door, and felt the air that the fan was circulating throughout the room. But it was too hot enough for you to even feel comfortable with laying down again, as you caught your eyes on the doors that led out to the balcony, as you smiled.

Maybe some fresh air will help. You thought, as you tried to quietly open the balcony doors, as one of them squeaked, as you closed your eyes in the dark and listening for any sound of recognition, or even of your partner waking up.

You continue to open the balcony doors all the way, and walk out onto the balcony, and smiled as the cool night air hit you, as you leaned against the balcony railing and looking down at the L.A. landscape.

You felt a presence come up behind you, as their fingertips played across your stomach, moving your tank top up, revealing your stomach.

"I thought i was being quiet enough, guess not." You laughed, as you felt the heat radiating off his body.

"It's fine." Paul replied in a tired tone, as he wrapped his arms around your waist.

"You've barely got any sleep, you should go back to sleep." You said, as you felt his arm wraps tighten around your waist, as he pulled you back against him.

"Only if you come with me." he replied, as you felt him smile against your neck.

"No, it's too hot in the house. I'm going to stay out here for a bit." You reply, as you feel him turn you around.

"The house isn't hot, you sure you aren't coming down with something?" He asks as he puts his hand on your forehead, as you notice that since he's been around the heat you had been feeling lessened in his presence.

"If i was would it give you a reason not to leave in a couple days?" you ask, as you see Paul's face fall.

"You know that i have to go back on tour. I don't like being away, but it's what I do." Paul explained, as he hugged you.

"I know, doesn't make it suck any worse." you say, as you let him hold you.

"How about I take you downstairs, it'll be cooler." he says, as he pulls you away to look at you with a frown on his face.

"What?" you ask, as he holds his hand against your forehead again.

"Your getting pale. Come on, we're going downstairs and im getting you water." Paul said with concern, as he grabs your hand and walks through the master bedroom with you following behind, stumbling along to keep up with him.

When a thought comes to mind.

"Wait, what if it's a heat coming on?" You ask, as you stumble into his back as he stops walking and turns around.

"What are you talking about? The last time wasn't that long ago, remember?" He asks, as you hear the tone in his voice, as your mind goes back to last time, which brought a smile to your face.

It had been an entire week a month or so back where you both stayed in the house, complete absorbed with just each other and dead to the world.

You were still smiling, as you felt Paul's hands on your shoulders.

"Trust me, any other time, I would be more than happy to oblige, but it can't be coming on now, of all times." He said as he cupped your face.

"Well what if it is? What do you want me to do take suppressants until you come back after 2 months?" You ask, hoping that he would say it, cause you knew that you would listen to him.

"You know I wouldn't want that, plus I don't think they would work that long, were supposed to be together, it's enough that we've been lucky this long." Paul said, as he sighed.

"Let's hope your sick and not going into heat, cause the guys are coming over today, and you know how Gene is about rescheduling things." Paul said, as you rolled your eyes.

"And that fact that he's also an alpha, don't want you two getting into an all out fist fight over me and all." you said as you cringed, thinking about the last time it had happened, which was early on in the relationship, you quickly learned to avoid Gene, especially around the time you were going to go into heat.

"Come on, maybe sleeping downstairs will help, you never know." Paul said as he took your hand again, as you both walked down the stairs and into one of the other bedrooms that was on the first floor.

You nodded to yourself, he was right, it was cooler down here than on the second floor.

"Come on, let's go back to sleep." Paul said as he opened the door to the bedroom, and pulled the covers off the bed, as you slipped into the bed, as you felt the bed dip due to Paul's added weight, as you instinctively curled into him, breathing in his scent.

"What if your wrong and I do have a heat coming again? What are we going to do?" You ask, as you feel him wrap his arm around you waist, as you look up at him in the dark.

"We'll have to figure it out as we go along i guess, but i hope it's just the weather making you feel this way." Paul said, as you felt your eyes close.

"Good night Alpha." You murmur, as you grazed your lips against the bite mark on his neck.

"Good night, omega." you heard Paul whisper, as he kissed the identical mark that was on your neck.