Meeting

She smiled as she walked slowly down the sidewalk toward him. She drowned in those deep brown eyes. She felt beautiful as those eyes examined her body. She glanced at his nose, mouth, hair, and jawline. She trailed her eyes down his black overcoat and boots. A bit odd clothes to wear for a first date.

"You must be Jack." She flung her hair behind her.

"The one and only." He smiled, flashing perfect white teeth.

"Cold?" She asked, referring to his coat.

"Not really." He said, "just a personal favorite."

"Ah," she said slowly, "one of those."

"You never told me how beautiful you actually are."

She bowed her head to keep from blushing. "Thank you."

He shrugged his shoulders. "It's the truth."

"You never told me you were tall." She laughed.

"I never said I was short either." He laughed with her.

"You live nearby?"

"I'm not into one night stands."

"No," she dropped her head immediately, "that's not what I meant."

"Of course not, right. My mistake." He flashed her a half smile.

"Just getting to know you is all." She smiled.

"What about you?" He said, clearly changing the subject. "You live here?"

"No actually, I don't. I live in a nearby town."

"A small town beauty." He softly whispered.

"A big town bad boy." She guessed.

He looked back at her. "You have no idea."

"So let me guess from what I know and see: you're clearly a bad boy which means you've either dated a lot or don't date at all and since you are meeting me now, I'm assuming it's the latter. Also, you're wearing winter clothes which means you want to protect yourself or you're extremely defiant. And you smile a lot which means you're a charmer."

He nodded. "Not bad of a guess."

"Well what about me?" She put a hand on her hip. "What do you think?"

He looked at her seriously. "I think you are shy and not used to everyone telling you how beautiful you are. I think that you like tall bad boys or else you wouldn't be here in the first place. And you also come off as a badass chick which means you don't mind being a little dangerous."

Her mouth dropped open. "That's almost accurate."

He laughed. "Almost?"

She nodded. "Yes I'm shy. There's reasons for that but it doesn't matter. No one has ever called me beautiful before. Yeah I'm into bad boys because they offer adventure. And yeah I can be dangerous sometimes." She winked.

"Got ya." His eyes shined like sapphires.

"So what about you?" She asked. "How accurate was I?"

"How about I tell you over a meal?"