26.

Levi's POV:

"Do you take Matteo Ilagan-Oris as your lawfully wedded husband?"

I was outside the church where Theo and Heather is getting married. Malayo ako sa kanila pero rinig ko ang sinasabi ng pari dahil malakas ang mic. I looked at Heather, I can't see her face clearly because she's far. I saw her mouth, she said 'I do'. She was smiling like she really meant it.

"Do you take Heather Morada-Velasquez as your lawfully wedded wife?" Father asked him.

My tears fell. "I do, Father." I said but it's non-sense.

Theo said 'I do' as well. I covered my mouth with my hand. I don't want to cry loudly, it wouldn't even make a change if they heard it.

"You may now kiss the bride," said Father.

If only I could... I would.

I wiped my tears with my hand. I was about to leave but Portia came. "Attorney!"

"Why are you here?" I asked her.

"Well, I know that you're here so I went here, too. Masukista ka kasi," she said as she wrap her arms around me. "I know that you'll watch them getting married."

I cried on her shoulder. Akala ko nag-stay siya sa isang simbahan, pumunta rin pala siya rito.

"Umuwi na ba sila Kuya?" I asked her again while I was wiping my tears.

"Yeah. Sabi ko umuwi na sila," she answered quickly.

Galing kasi sila sa simbahan. I'm way too obsessed with Heather so I decided to plan a wedding for today, hoping that she'd choose me over him. But I lose. She said she want a wedding in Spain, and she got it. Pero hindi pala siya sa 'kin ikakasal. Sinadya ko talagang November 11 sa Spain dahil sabi niya, iyon ang gusto niyang oras at lugar para sa kasal. I really thought she'd choose me.

"Akala ko ba matalino ka? Bakit parang ang tanga tanga mo ngayon?" Portia asked.

"Tanga ka rin naman," I answered. "You helped me plan the wedding, right?"

She laughed. Yeah, she helped me plan the wedding. Before, I thought she would say 'itigil ang kasal!'. Pero wala palang kasal na mangyayari. I laughed in my mind. Why am I an idiot?

She drove me home. Luckily, she had a car here. No, she had car everywhere. Our house in Spain was near the church so we came there quickly. My family were home already. They welcomed me with their arms opened.

"Makakahanap ka rin ng sa 'yo..." Mom slowly taps my shoulder.

I just nodded and said nothing. I can't speak. Every word were stuck in my mouth.

My tears kept on falling. Even until I got inside my room. I shouted loudly as I threw everything on my table. I don't care about the papers anymore.

"Clevianna, open the damn door!" Dad knocked on my door. "Sasa, get the fucking keys!" he commanded.

They entered my room. Dad hugged me but I can't still calm the madness inside me. I know how worried they are. I wanted to calm down but I can't. I wanted shout, I wanted to scream. Humahagulgol na ako pero hindi ko pa rin mapigilan ang emosyon ko.

"Lev, calm down," Portia said.

A few hours ago, I finally calmed myself down. I opened my Instagram account and decided to send a message to Heather.

lev.hc: happy 5th anniversary, Heather. hope u're doing good. I'm happy for you. best wishes!

Kinabukasan, pumunta ako sa club. I want to lose my self for a day. I drank different hard alcohols and even cried inside the club. I danced with tears on my cheeks. I tried to smile but tears are still streaming down my face.

I saw Heather and Theo entered. They were with Leighnash and Sam, if I remembered their names right. Theo whispered something to Heather and she laughed.

"Bullshit," I said. I pulled my own hair.

I can't even make her laugh with a simple whisper before. And now... She's laughing with that? Damn, she's making me realize that she's happier with him. I wanted to fucking punch his face but I know that Heather would be just mad at so I guess, I'll let them.

She's drinking a lot more alcohol now. Not like before. She looks more beautiful as ever. I just can't stop starring at her.

"I love you," she mouthed. But not for me... But for him.

I wanna say 'I love you, too' but my tears feel off instead. I stood up and went outside. I rode a taxi to get back home. I was too lazy to pick the paper bill inside my wallet so I gave my wallet to the driver and left him.

"Amoy alak ka! Sa'n ka galing?!" Mom asked when I entered the house.

"Book me a flight back to Philippines. Bukas na bukas din," I said and continued to walk upstairs.

I entered my room and packed my things. My tears fell down as I put my things in a luggage. I cried when I got her camera. Magi gave me this. Naglayas daw si Heather noon and she left this so she decided to give this to me.

I looked at the photos. These are the times that we're happy, together. But now... She's happier even without me. I kneeled down and hugged the camera, this reminds me of her.

Kinabukasan din, bumalik ako sa Pinas. I can't still get over her but I need to focus on my job or I'll lose it. Some said my eyes looks tired and whatever but I ignored them.

Natalo kami sa isang case at iyong case pa talaga ni Mayor. I shook my head and went straight to my office. I pulled my hair as I sat on my chair. My tears fell down again.

"Attorney Carter- oh, shit. Sorry," someone said.

I looked at the door and saw Prosecutor Herrera. I saw how shocked he is.

"Yes?" I said as I wiped my tears.

"Pinapatawag ka ni Mayor," he said.

I stood up and fixed my self. Huminga ako ng malalim. I went outside and saw him. Hawak siya ng mga pulis, naka-posas na rin siya.

"You failed me. I hired you because I thought you wouldn't fail me. But why the fuck did this happen?" he said. I saw anger in his eyes.

I can't speak. I know what kind of mistake did I do.

"Hindi pa tayo tapos, Carter."

I still didn't speak. Ipinasok na siya sa police car, they're heading to the jail. I know that he'll go out of there as early as possible. Hindi niya hahayaang makulong siya nang hindi nakakaganti.

I went home exhausted. I scrolled on my Instagram to somehow rest. But I saw Heather's post. I smiled bitterly as I look through the photos. Their hands wearing the wedding ring, their photos during and after the wedding, and Theo's picture, holding Heather's hand.

hmv_o: the day has finally come. can't wait to celebrate every milestones and spend the rest of my life with you, @matteoris.

She changed her username to her initials. Heather Morada Velasquez-Oris. A tear fell from my eye. I wiped it quickly. I don't want to cry again. I'm tired of crying. I'm tired of failing the people around me. I'm tired of failing myself. I'm tired.

I'm tired of loving the person that can never be mine.

But... Why can't I take a rest?

I commented on her post.

lev.hc: I'm happy for the both of you. stay strong and stay in love!

But if he breaks your heart like lovers do... Just know that I'll be waiting here for you.

ISSEE_DARLING :)