1

pacing around the halls of Mercer manor, skipping your feet as you dashed through the halls, waving at everyone who passed you by, your parents had thrown a party, many people were invited, everyone knew your mother and father, you didn't like parties.

you were only eleven, not that parties really interested you, "y/n, please do not talk to the strangers." your mother spoke to you before everyone came in. "Except for Draco. Lucius and Narcissa's son of course." She gave you a warm smile, she always had the best smile, her perfectly not so perfect teeth, the way her dimples would sink in even further, the way her brown eyes shine so beautifully, her brown locks of hair fell on her shoulders, as she kneeled down to your height.

"I promise you, I won't." You proudly smiled, obeying your mother's demand, you never understood, but yet never demanded to know either. your mother kissed each side of your forehead, before making her way to your father, who was dressed elegantly, the black suit that fitted his figure, the shiny black shoes that he always wore for these parties, the way he had his short hair styled, pushed to the right side of his head, he looked dashing.

you truly adored your parents, you could've never see anything wrong with them, you skipped your way to your room, you stopped mid skips at a mirror, starring at your reflection, the mid length pink dress your mother made you wear, with white nylons, a white shoe, a pink bow, sure you were only eleven but you hated to dress like this. you frowned at yourself in the mirror, your h/c hair fell down just below your bottom, your mother never wanted you to cut your hair. it's almost like your father forbidden it. you had one piece of white hair streaked into your head, you were born with it.

you always asked how; but no one ever provided to you an answer, the only words they would speak of your hair is that you were lucky, luck is a very big superstition that your family had, whether it be a certain item, or a piece of furniture they would never move because it brought them luck that day. your parents thought of you as their lucky charm, you made your way into your bedroom, pink painted all over the walls, a white carpet that never had a stain on it mainly because your mother would kill you.

you walked over to your window, you had a bumped out window, it was a bench that you would stay for hours, you had your journal in one hand, and your quill and ink in your other hand, placing ink on the gray bench as you sat down. you always wrote to yourself, thinking of the future. you would sit back and look at all the things you've ever wrote about.

dear journal,
It's me, y/n Mercer, it is approximately 4:44pm, mum and dad are having a few guest over, I was told to stay inside of my room again, but that's okay. I like to be inside of my room, it makes me feel safe, comfortable, warm. although I hate this dress mum makes me wear, it's bloody rubbish but I will never tell her that because my mum is my world, and if she's happy, I am most definitely happy. I heard my mum say that draco malfoy is supposed to be coming, I could enjoy having a friend, I feel as if I'm always alone.

-love always, y/n.

soft knocking made you almost jump out of your skin, as you quickly tried to cover your journal with a pillow and hid it behind, "please do come in!" you yelled out at the door, the door knob twisted before the figure walked into your room, it was a boy, a young boy, with blue eyes and dirty blonde hair, "hi, I'm malfoy, draco malfoy." He smiled at you, and you smiled back, extending your hand out to him.

"Mercer, Y/n, Mercer." You let out a giggle as you repeated his introduction which he laughed too, shaking your hand. "I never knew that Charlie and Marie had a daughter," Draco admitted, and you offered him to sit on your bed which he accepted.