2

You shared a dorm room with none other, hermione granger. "Y/n, we have to start getting ready, please!" Hermione yelled out as I laid on my bed, uninterested in doing anything, I've already showered, Hermione was doing her make up, you groaned out loudly, your mother had gifted you a certain dress when you were younger, specifically for the Yule ball, you were told to never open up, unless it was for the Yule ball, so you were excited but also scared, because she used to make you wear terrible dresses. but you couldn't let her down.

we found out about make up spells, such as eyelash extending spells, rosy peony cheeks that would last for weeks at a time, lipstick charms, but Hermione had a lot of muggle make up that she would let me use, but it was much more faster to use charms and spells, you couldn't seem to bring your laziness to sit there for hours trying to get the right amount of mascara on your eyelashes, not too lumpy, not too little of an amount, so you did exactly what you were born to do, use magic. so you stood in front of your mirror, flicking your wand as your face contoured into ethereal beauty, the beauty mark that rested on your cheek was complimented by the ruby red lipstick you've chosen to wear.

you didn't need much make up, but you still continued to wear it nonetheless, because you didn't wear it for anyone else, you wore it for your own confidence, your own personal needs. you didn't need anyone to tell you you don't need it. because you knew you didn't need it, but it sure as hell gave you a confidence boost. and it made you feel good.

you didn't do much to your hair, you straightened them, your hair fell just below your bum. you weren't allowed to cut it, even if you were older. your parents didn't let you, and you actually liked the way it looked straightened, with your platinum piece sticking out, it complimented your face, and your skin tone, you admired the way you looked tonight.

you went along and pulled the box out that your mother had packaged very beautifully, it was a black box, with green ribbons and a beautiful silver bow, you untied the ribbon and opened the lid of the box, it was a beautiful black long dress, thick strapped, high-neck, on the back of the dress was gold rope chains holding up a snake on the back, the snake was enlarged, it was absolutely gorgeous. you smiled at the clothing in your hand, and pulled out the note.

congratulations darling on your first Yule ball, I do hope you've gotten into slytherin by the time you are opening this, because this would fit your house perfectly, if you didn't. you will still look beautiful.
-mum x

you let out a laugh escape your lips, it would've been a really nice dress for slytherin you said to yourself, deeper into the box, you noticed small little boxes, four of them, and you began to open them up, it carried a gold ring with a green emerald placed in the middle, gold earrings that were shaped as circles, a matching gold necklace that shared the same green emerald, and a bracelet. you sighed to yourself, stereotypical huh? they really thought I would've gotten into Slytherin, you loved the items dearly, your parents most likely paid a fortune.

but your stomach twisted at the thought of being a Gryffindor wearing slytherin items, or their logo at least, "I'm leaving, before you can see me!" Hermione yelled out not allowing you to see what she was wearing, she wanted everyone to be surprised, you laughed at her and tore away your clothes, you stared at yourself in the mirror.

you often did this a lot, sure you had confidence sometimes, but your mind would always drift over to darker thoughts, your fingers danced across your bare stomach, and you shook your head to rid of the horrid thoughts, you slipped the dress onto your body, and you had to admit, it was a beautiful dress.

you placed the jewelry on yourself, brushing your hair out of the way to place the earrings into your ears, you sat down onto the bed and put on the simple black high heels, and made your way out of the dormitory, many people were walking with you, some even complimented you, which you complimented back, you were a nice person, you always complimented and accepted compliments.