Paths (Jumin X reader) Part#3

In the moment you've finished reading the card, you threw the roses on the trash can. Whoever sent you those was a jerk and it was absolutely rude, because to you, those white roses remain you the funeral of a cousin, maybe that is not the meaning of them, but the memory it's not pleasant and even the real meaning make you feel awful and pitiful.

"It's gonna be a long day". You exclaim to your insides.

"Ugh..." Afterward, you are in your apartment, complaining about your sore foot. It was a rough day and using high heels didn't help at all. Then you sit on the sofa and start to massage your foot. You ask yourself.

"Who in hell sent me those roses? Who is the friend of Jihyun?"

Your head begins to hurt again, all day was hard enough to make you tired and thinking about the Jihyun's friend or him make it worse. Suddenly, you remember that time when you were discussing about the guest and the wedding invitation but he persuaded you that it was a special moment between he and you, and there was no need to invite people to it. You agreed with him, because your family is big and they live in the other side of the world, your friends usually are busy with work and their families, so you agreed instantly. But now, you don't want to think about him, it hurts so much and even saying his name get you suffer enough and deal with the pain it's the last thing you want to do. So, the best choice that you could make is let it go, breath deeply and move on, because maybe it was a joke from someone who hates you or only wants to annoy you.

"It's only a lame joke" You talk to yourself after a long sigh.

"Meow...meow..meow...purr...purr..." It's your cat, trying to catch your attention rubbing on your legs. You see its face and look at the scar where it used to be the left eye and in some way remind to him.

"Salem! Hi buddy! You're the only one who really loves me". You lift it up and hug him.

A few weeks later, the roses keep coming and you keep them throw them away. After the 14th bouquet of roses you decide to catch the delivery guy and send them back where those roses come from.

So the next morning you get ready earlier than usual and arrive just in time when the delevery guy is entering in your office.

" Hey! Could you please come here?"

"Erm...sure"

"Hey...Hi! Sorry for bother you but could you tell me who sent me these flowers, please?" "Well...I don't know...I'm only the delevery boy so..."

"Ok... it's fine...you know what, I pay you to send them back where those come from...so what do you think?" "... AlrightI I'll do it if you pay me right back!"

" I'll pay, but before you go wait a minute...here put this card on the bouquet"

"Thank you for your patronage". The guy cross the door and left.

You feel at ease, finally you can rest of those hideous roses. You sense the pride of what you've wrote in that card. It was the most rude thing that you have ever said to other human being. But write it was the most relaxing and happiest thing that you've done in weeks.

"Hello! You are an asshole and whoever you are, FUCK YOU! Lots of love, your friend's ex beyonce"

It was simple but powerful enough to make you feel really good!

That same day, you feel great and finish your work earlier than ever, take a taxi meanwhile you take a look to the city, the night and the building's lights make you nostalgic, but at least after the incident you are not anxious or sad, at some point you feel more alive, not like you used to, but less miserable. You keep avoiding the calls of your friend and your mother, They're the only ones who know about your situation, but you don't need their pity or a scolding, what you need is move on.

When you open the aparment's door, Salem welcome you. "Meow!" "I know, you are hungry, just let me take these tools of the devil out of my foot and feed you".

After you take off your heels and change your clothes for something more confortable, you go to the kitchen, looking for the cat's food.

"Where did I put your food Salem?...Never mind I've already found it...OUCH!" You found the bag and hit your head what make you get up of there and look to the your left where your table is and see the engament ring, a box with a tone of photographs and on the chair, is your wedding dress. The dress which look exactly like the dress of the movie "Funny Face". At that time, you told yourself if you ever going to get marry and find the right guy, you'll do whatever it takes to wear it. And there it is, unused and getting dust all over, seing it make you feel sad and lonely, so you start crying, untill someone knock your door. You get up and clean the tears of yourface.

"Sniff...sniff...I'm coming..."

"Good evening miss. My name is Jaehee Kang and I come in representation of Mr Han, the CEO of C&R company... Mr Han would be waiting to have a dinner with him, tomorrow night."

"...Sorry...but I don't know any Mr. Han...maybe you are looking for my neighbour from next door?" "No, according to my boss, this is the right place and person"

"Ok...thank you for the invitation but...uhm...no...thank you...?"

"Sorry, I didn't explain well. This is not a invitation, it's an appoinment for tomorrow. At 7 in the restaurant "Blue eye"...here in this bag is a formal dress and jewerly. The driver will pick you up at 6:00...we know that tomorrow is your day off of work, so...good night"

"Hey!....wait...How do you know me?.." Before you go to get her, Salem scrach your legs in response of the lack of food in the plate.

"Ugh...SALEM!...Oh! rigth...sorry your food..."

You go to your bed, feeling confused.

"What the heck? Who was she? Who is this Mr Han that she was talking about?"

It's not like your living under a rock, but you don't know about famous or celebrity people of this country, because you only hear podcast of your own country, since you left and it's the only way you can feel conect with your home.

After much thinking you spleep quickly.

Burrr...burr...bur...You answer your phone rapidly, maybe a work call, but that would be rare, because your phone of the work is off and that's your personal phone.

"...Hello?"

"GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE!"

You hear two voices at the other side of the phone, a man and a woman in a harmonic chorus.

"...Huh?" "Welcome to the team!"...