Chapter 5 || Lilianna

It's Thompson again. Not much is going on with the others, in fact, it's kinda boring, so I'm gonna entertain you with my first day as Lilianna's bodyguard.

I woke up in my fancy room in the palace, changed into my clothes, put my sheriff star so people know that they're messing with the wrong guy.

I left the palace, luckily, none of my friends were awake, so they wouldn't ask where I would be going. I'd prefer them to discover it by reading this ;).

So anyway, I walked into the town, to the address the guy gave me yesterday. It was a huge marble white mansion with the rears of the windows golden. It was fancy, what did you think. White and gold were its main colors. I can't really explain further. Luxurious, I guess.

I walked in, and the guards let me in. Guess they knew I was coming. The maids brought me to a cherry red bedroom and I saw Lilianna.

"Oh! Hello Sheriff!" Lilianna greets me happily, in a bubbly tone.

"Where's your dad?"

"Dad? He goes to work really early, so he won't be able to greet you, apologies." She says.

"You should follow miss Lilianna to everywhere she goes today. She has a daily routine where she goes to see her many friends and goes back in the evening. In the evening, your shift will be over." One of the maids explained to me 

"Got it." I finish the conversation. The maids leave, and Lilianna picks up her bag.

"We shall go to visit and buy some bread from my friend Honora, she's a baker." She tells me as we walk out. Instead of going on a carriage that her family seemingly owns, Lilianna walks on foot. I expected that the bakery wouldn't be far, I was wrong. It was. I questioned why Lilianna preferred to all and she responded.

"If I go in the carriage, bandits will know of my background immediately. And honestly, I don't want to show off my wealth. I don't really like it. Unless it's a party. I'm sorry, I just can't resist making an entrance." She speaks honestly, as she giggles. 

We finally arrived at the bakery and we saw a young girl with ginger hair. She wore a Fuschia gown and an apron. 

"Lia!" She exclaims.

"Lia?" I ask.

(The actual name of Lilianna's present counterpart. Lia)

"My nickname," Lilianna explains. "You can call me that too."

"I have your order!" Honora exclaims, handing her a cloth bag filled with bread.

"Thank you," Lilianna replies, thanking her. We soon walk away.

"Where to next miss?"

"Just call me Lilianna or Lia." She tells me. I guess she doesn't like the titles. I really don't mind, I don't really like saying 'miss' or 'lady' either, but I just wanna give her some respect.

"What about Lady Lia?" I propose.

"Ok then, if you'd like that." She finishes. "We're going to give half of the bread to my friend Caroline, she lives in the church and her father is the priest."