The plan

You snuck out of Spike's room when you were pretty sure everyone was asleep so as not to be suspicious when everyone was out and about. You snuck down the hallways as quietly as you could, careful not to make a single sound. But apparently, you weren't as sneaky as you thought you were because just as you thought you were safe-

"Well, good morning (Y/N), did you enjoy your night with Spike?"

You froze, hoping Faye might not see you if you didn't move. But alas, Faye's sight didn't rely on movement and you were forced to turn around and look at her. "I don't know what you're talking about, I was just getting a midnight snack,"

"Sure thing, and that midnight snack just happened to be in Spike's room,"

"Yes," you said deadpan. You didn't have enough wit left to think up an excuse for that one.

"Oh? It seems like Jet owes me some more woolong,"

"How many bets do you two have on Spike and I?"

"As many as Jet will drunkenly accept," Faye said, clearly pleased with herself.

"Can I go back to my room now?"

"I mean sure, if you wouldn't prefer Spike's," Faye teased,

You said nothing but let out a groan and slipped into your room. You weren't in the mood to be clever. You were in the mood for a nap and that was exactly what you planned on getting. You closed and locked your door, just to be sure you wouldn't have any unwelcome visitors. And then you submitted yourself to the sweet release of sleep, not even bothering to change your clothes.

You woke up to banging on your door. It wasn't terribly alarming but it kept you from sleeping so you responded "What?" you yelled angrily at the door. When the banging persisted you begrudgingly got up and opened the door.

You narrowly missed being clocked in the face by Jet as he went to knock on your newly opened door. You stood there with your arms crossed awaiting an explanation. Jet caught his hand and returned it to his side, "sorry about that, but we need your help with something,"

"And what the hell do you need my help with so badly that you're forced to piss me off this much?"

"We just located a group with a giant bounty on their heads,"

"And? If I help Faye'll just get most of my share,"

"That doesn't matter, once Faye heard about it she ran off again. You've got nothing to lose,"

"Damn, again? I should've known she wasn't just walking around the ship that early. Okay, I'll help, what do you need? You and Spike are usually you and Spike are pretty self-sufficient when it comes to stuff like this."

"We are but another set of hands never hurt, I'll show you if you come out into the main area,"

"Let's go then," you said running your fingers through your hair in an attempt to make sure it looked decent. You followed Jet into the main area and plopped down onto the couch. Spike sat in the chair from across you with a lit cigarette in his mouth. He looked like he was here more willingly than you but still not quite stoked for it.

Jet explained the situation. Even your eyes widened a little bit when you saw how much woolong these guys were worth altogether. Apparently, there was a drug ring who'd gotten quite the bounty on their heads after starting to deal in a new drug. An especially nasty one at that. You'd only seen it mentioned once or twice but you knew it was bad news. A lot of the big members of the gang had been spotted at a nearby planet recently but nobody had been able to bag them yet.