Libery

It just stands there. Leather bound and thick, waiting for some to find it. Take it out of the bookshelf and see the golden writing that is neatly written on the front. See the many people who have written everything from declarations of love, to small greetings on the cover, see the librarian who had tried to whisper it out (without success) and see the contents of the book. There is a lot. A lot. 587. 587 long pages, with font size what... 3 !? It's heavy. That's for sure. I have lifted many books that were far larger (though never read them) and they were nowhere near as heavy. It should not be so heavy. But it is. I had looked at it, but now that I took it, it's just a thousand times heavier than it looked. As if it has already thrown its curses all over the room. I'm looking forward to Ida.
"587 pages" she says "could you not find one who was a little longer?"
She little laughs at her own joke.
"Seriously, how should one be able to read this writing ?!" She takes the book all the way up to her nose, and pretends to read it closely.
I send her a small smile, but mostly for her sake. "But isn't it a little exciting?"
I look at her eagerly.
"Yes..." she hesitates when it dawns on her that I am serious. "If you believe in it"
I look at the golden words on the front page that says Spirits And Enchantments. "Come on... you must believe that there is more between heaven and earth."
I take the book from her and she makes a big deal out of pretending she just read in it.
"If you do not want it, I will. Although it amazes me that you say no to a book. A book is a book for hell!"
She smiles. "It must be the right book, right?" It must be exciting and you have to live in it ... "
"Yeah blah blah blah ... look, that's why I do not read. Then you start giving long lectures on books. "
She snorts, "Yeah, that's definitely why."
We laugh a little when we walk towards the computer.
"I think this is the first time I'm borrowing a book, and you do not," I say, typing my name on the computer: Layla Via Reinhold.
"Do not get too excited, because next week I have read the last hundred pages of the game of thrones, and then I will find something new" I can look at her smile and the twinkle she has in her eye, that she now have left the conversation. She is probably playing through one of the scenes from her book.
"But you just have to save some time for me and the rest of the team. We'll have competition soon, and you just do not have to stand in the way when I have to do the Arabic flick. "She looks at me questioningly and I sigh. That girl and her books ...