silence on the other line

Chapter 1

   'You have one unread message... press one to listen... press two to archive... press hash to go back to homepage...'

Monday 15th, December 2020 at 9:37 AM,

"Hey! 

I don't know why you didn't answer your phone, you usually always do but whatever, that's not the problem here... 

I just came into the office and Starling is FURIOUS... he says he can't keep working like that, that he may be thinking of downsizing and I know you guys don't get along well but if you keep missing days at the office... there's a chance that he might do just that and start with you.

*sigh*

Look I know how much you love your job, so please call me when you hear this because if there's something wrong... if you're not okay I'm here man... y-you don't have to deal with stuff alone all the time...

I'm not just your drinking buddy ok? So if there's anything you need, do not hesitate...

Alright... uhm like I said, call me back when you get this... take care..."

*biiiiip*

'To delete the message press one... to save the message press two... to call back press three... to read next message press hash-'

*^*

   'You have three unread messages... press one to listen... press two to archive... press hash to-'

Saturday 19th, December 2020 at 5:57 PM,

"Man I'm so sorry for what happened at the office... 

y- I... I don't even know what to say I-

...

Like I said... if you need anything... Just-

Please answer the phone, ok? We'll figure something out... we always do right? We're a team...

Don't close yourself up..."

*biiiip*

'To delete the message press one... to save the message press two... to call back press three... to read next message pr-'

   'You have two unread messages...

Wednesday 23rd, December 2020 at 1:14 PM,

"Hello... uhm, it's me... I just wanted to check on you, you know from neighbor to neighbor

Ah-

So yeah, just maybe call me back when you get this?

I-I know you'll probably be alone for Christmas a-and... you don't have to say yes, I-I know it's a little forward and you may think that I'm a creep or whatever b-but...

If you happen to want to spend Christmas together, I-I'm having a small gathering at my place and...

I don't know, maybe it would be fun... so yeah...