𝟬𝟭𝟬

YOUR THOUGHTS HAVE CAPTURED YOUR MIND ONCE AGAIN

YOUR THOUGHTS HAVE CAPTURED YOUR MIND ONCE AGAIN. Leaning against the chair inside your own apartment, you ponder. Ponder and ponder like you always do. You can't help yourself, you're a deep thinker and always have been. 

Lawliet contacted you the day prior. He spoke to you as if you were nothing more than a tool to his victory. Did that not sound familiar? 

But the words he said made sense. 

They always did. 

The way he put together the pieces, the way he narrowed it all down to Light.

There is no doubt in Lawliet's mind that Light is Kira. 

And you trust Lawliet, don't you? 

He may have let you go, but he never once lied to you. 

You have to trust him. 

Sometimes he spoke of a Shinigami. 

You've seen the signs of it. 

You're debating if love was even worth it at this point. Sure, it brought a smile to your face, but was it worth it? Was it worth all the heartbreak?

You could not deny that meeting Light was a mere distraction from the broken heart that thumped inside your chest. 

A knock on your door pulls you out of your thoughts. 

You know it's Light. 

With a sigh, you stride over to the door, fingers curling themselves around the handle before you pull it open. Your suspicions were right, it was Light. A bouquet of flowers and chocolate in his hand, a toothy grin on his face. He does look adorable and you can't help but smile. 

      'Make yourself at home,' you say, taking a step back so Light can enter your apartment. 

      'It's cute,' Light comments with a small chuckle. 

      'Is it, now?'

      'Yes, feels very. . . you,' he admits. 

You playfully narrow your eyes at him. 'Is that a compliment?'

      'Ideally, yes,' he nods. 

You smile before a thought enters your mind. You wish to speak to Light about the shinigami, not that you were sure it was there but Lawliet did mention it. 

Clearing your throat, you move over to the kitchen, ready to make Light a drink. 

      'You see, there is something I wish to talk to you about,' you say, glancing over your shoulder to look at him. I had no one else to talk to because I'm not sure they would understand. . .'

      'Go on. . .'

      'Lately, I've been quite fascinated by the work Kira has done, wouldn't you agree?' you say, trying to poke some interest in his mind. 

      'What do you mean?'

      'What they're doing is good and I'm not sure why anyone would disagree with such a thing,' you frown, hearing how Light's footsteps grew closer. 

      'I'm glad you agree. . .' Light trails off, placing a hand on your shoulder. 

Faux surprise paints your face as you turn around, facing him with a small smile of disbelief. 

      'You agree?' you ask. 

He nods before opening his mouth to speak. 'You say you're fascinated?'

      'I'm fascinated by the way Kira kills. It's obvious he's not there at the scene. . . and I've been theorising,' you lie through your teeth. 'I believe Kira has a Shinigami by their side.'

A nervous chuckle leaves Light's lips. 'What makes you think that?'

You feel his hands on your waist. 

Be careful, please.

      'Humans have long worshipped different deities. Their worshipping must come from somewhere, or are they just made up stories by a maniac? Who would trust someone that's not in their right mind anyway? There must be another reason,' you explain, your back against his chest. 

      'So clever,' he murmurs before leaving your side, moving over to the hall where he had left his bag. 

You look at him with slight confusing masking our true intentions. 

He comes back with a book in his hands, black with the text 'Death Note' on the cover. 

      'Do you trust me?' he asks, eyes looking into yours. 

      'I do,' you nod. 

That was your second mistake. 

Third time's the charm, right?