18

Cleophas led the two shadowhunters down one of the alleys, "Where are we going, exactly?" Clary wondered before throwing Sarah a quick glance

"We're close." She answered briefly.

"You know that Valentine doesn't take kindly to people betraying him. He'll never forgive you for this." Sarah started looking at Cleophas with narrowed eyes

"I have to make amends." Sarah and Clary shared a look before both of them heard the distorted screaming yet agin, Sarah groaned in pain bracing herself against the wall covering her ears.

"Sarah! Clary! What is it? What's wrong?" Cleophas inquired watching the two women grunt in pain, Sarah clenched her jaw pulling her blade out.

She pushed Cleophas to the wall with the blade to her throat, "What are you and Valentine doing to me?" She questioned the woman barely even holding herself right from the intensity of the screams.

"What?" Cleophas asked with a frown on her face unaware of the agony that the other two women were feeling, "The sound in my head. It's coming from Valentine, isn't it?" Sarah questioned and who else would find new ways to torture her.

"What sound?" The older woman inquired unsure of what the brunette was talking about, so Sarah clenched her jaw grabbing her stele passing it on the hearing rune on Cleophas neck.

When Cleophas heard the screaming, her eyes widened in terror shaking her head vigorously, "It's not possible." She stated in dismay.

Sarah narrowed her eyes trying to ignore the screams focusing on the woman in front of her, "What is it?"

Cleophas finally focused on the brunette who still had her blade on the shadowhunter's neck, "It's not Valentine. It is an Angel."

"Angel?" Clary wondered with wide eyes as Cleophas looked around her, "Here on earth. I think he's holding him captive. The Angel is crying out for help," She looked up at the sky shaking her head, "Valentine... how could you? His cry is so full of pain."

Clary was now standing beside Sarah still as the screams subsided, "You said angels were rare, that almost no one had ever seen one."

"It's unheard of. Iron Sisters hear the angels whisper when we're forging our weapons, but even we've never seen one. To communicate with one, you must be blessed by the angels." She looked at Sarah and Clary with wonder, "Sarah, Clary, you two are blessed."

Sarah shook her head pushing the blade closer to the woman's neck, "Why don't you cut this crap? We know you're working with Valentine. You killed Magdalena" Sarah stated with clenched teeth.

Cleophas let a few tears slide down her cheek in defeat as she looked at the brunette who didn't back down, "I loved Magdalena. I thought Valentine," She paused for a second before continuing, "I thought his way was the only way to make the world a better place. A safer place. No matter what sacrifices had to be made, but... harming an Angel, holding him captive... that goes against everything we believe in."