5

"You think Valentine was behind this?" Alec asked as he stared at the forsaken dead body on the Jade wolf floor after it attacked Luke and his pack

Luke nodded without hesitation, "No question. It's definitely his work."

"What do you think he's after?" Alec inquired, casting a quick look around the place. The werewolf alpha shrugged in response, "Honestly? Me."

"But why now? Isn't that the question you should be asking?" Sarah wondered as she stood beside Luke, having just arrived from the back door.

Lydia frowned at the brunette, taking notice of her runes, "Who are you?"

Sarah shrugged, answering her, "Sarah Wayland" Lydia raised her eyebrows as the brunette rolled her eyes, "Yes, yes. Jace's sister."

Lydia crossed her arms in front of her chest, "Why have I never heard of you?"

Sarah raised her eyebrows, "That's supposed to be my problem?" She retorted before turning to Luke, "You think Valentine's going after ex-Circle members?" She wondered.

"I don't know. It might be kind of personal. We have a complicated past. But of course, he could be going after the old crew. I'm sure Valentine has a grudge against anybody who turned against him." Luke explained as the brunette nodded.

"But why would he do that? It's not like him to do something like that," She wondered out loud as Lydia yet again frowned at her, "How'd you know?"

Sarah shrugged, "I'm assuming. Hearing the things he had done, I'm trying to understand his pattern, Something you should be doing instead of questioning me."

Alec nodded, agreeing with the brunette. "That actually makes sense."

"We'll put extra wards on the Institute." Lydia stated after she sighed.

"Sarah? What're you doing here?" Isabelle asked as soon as she saw the brunette enter the institute after Alec and Lydia.

Sarah nodded at the black-haired woman crossing her arms in front of her chest, "The forsaken, it doesn't sit well with me that he was that driven," She complained.

Isabelle nodded in agreement,
"You're right. I'll do the biopsy myself," She stated, about to leave when the brunette stopped her, "Yeah, and another thing" Isabelle turned to her, "Where's the training room?" Sarah wondered.

Sarah was throwing punches at the punching bag. A million thoughts were running through her mind, from Valentine to Jace to Magnus. Perhaps the one she's been thinking about was the warlock.

After he told her indirectly that he liked her, of course, the brunette didn't know how to feel about that and how would she when all of her life she's been taught that feelings are nothing but a distraction.

She looked up as someone had just stepped into the room with her, and as if he had read her thoughts, it was Magnus.

She stopped punching the bag looking at the warlock, acknowledging him, "Magnus," Sarah went to grab her jacket, "Oh, you don't have to get dressed up for me."