|3| butterflies 💫

"Fondness"definition; love or affection for someone

"Fondness"
definition; love or affection for someone.

***

AUGUST 29, 2020
TAMPA, FLORIDA
9:00 AM

ROMAN

I had just finished picking up my kids from my mom's not too long ago. Usually, the next day after SmackDown that was my usual routine since she took them in for the time being before I left for work or if I had other business to attend relating to work; Even then, I was barely doing any real traveling to begin with because of covid.

Currently, I walked down the hall while carrying the the twin's laundry in my arms. As I walked by my daughter's room, I heard a lot of laughing. I stopped in my tracks and raised my eyebrow, that was the most I had her laugh in a long time. Who was she talking to?

I knocked on her door twice before twisting the doorknob to let myself in.

"I'll call you back," JoJo whispered to whoever she was talking to and quickly put her phone to the side. I know one thing, she better have not been talking to any boy.

"Who are you talking to?" I question her with a serious look on my face. She sighed and crossed her arms, "Just a friend."

"What friend?"

"Loren," She replied. Bold face lie, I could tell she was lying. I remember Galina saying all the time that I spit her out because she was like my twin and she had the same personality traits as me, and boy was she right, so that's why I could immediately tell.

Before I could answer she asked, "Daddy, can I spend the night at her house tommorow?"

"Did you finish your homework?" I remind her for the hundredth time. She sighed, "Yes. Can I please go?" 

She probably didn't do her homework for all I knew. Like I said, I could read her like an open book. However, I didn't want to be so uptight. I decided to cut her off some slack and let her lie slide just this once. Maybe her interacting with her friends would lighten up her mood during this difficult time, especially since she hadn't seen any of her friends since her school shut down.

"I know you didn't finish your homework. However, I'm going to let you go anyway, and your homework better be done by school on Monday. Understand?"

JoJo nodded with a slight smile on her face but she tried her best to hide it. I chuckled to myself and bent down to pick up the laundry basket that I put on the floor. When I picked it up, I turned around to leave her room but I took once last glance at her, seeing that she was back on her phone, and then I left.

I walked downstairs and finally made it to the laundry room, putting the basket down. All of a sudden, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I took my phone out and saw that I was getting a FaceTime call from Truth. I swiped up, answering it.