23: The face off

Dedicated to: janezberame1975

***

"Ace, Gordon, Macey, go find Charles. I'll wait for Jax," Jett said as he stood up and came towards Charlotte.

Ace and the others nodded, then left the house. Jett and Charlotte were left behind.

"Babe, could you stay with your parents for a while? I don't want you to involve with this," Jett said as he glances at their child.

Charlotte caresses his cheek. "Yes, babe, but please be careful. We'll be waiting for you."

Jett smiled at her and press his lips on her head. Charlotte went upstairs along with her baby to prepare their bags.

***

Jax stood up with a blunt expression. "Where are you going?" Athena followed him.

"I have to apologize in advance," he said in a monotone.

"What are you apologizing for?" She asked him in confusion.

Yet Jax never replied to her. He continued to walk and opened the door.

"Jax, wait!"

"Please! Just stay here!" He yelled with so much anger. He left the room and slammed the door, making Athena jump a little.

Athena felt discomfort after finding out the same photo as Jax's father, her father, and Dash's father. She took her phone and dialed Dash instantly. While waiting for him to pick it up, she took a glance at the photo of her father once again.

"Come on, Dash, pick it up!"

After a few missed calls, Athena gave up and decided to follow Jax on her own. She went outside and saw a motor from her neighbor; she snatches it, feeling like she owned it; she started the engine and drove fast. The owner saw her and tried to catch her up.

"HEY!" the owner shouted furiously.

"Sorry! I'll give it back after!" Athena shouted back at him and turn her face back on the road.

Jax arrived and entered Jett's place. "Did you get it?" Jett asked him instantly.

He handed him the album, and Jett quickly turns the pages, looking for the photo. Then, as he found it, he flips it over and saw a message at the back of the photo.

Always better together...

Henry Wilson,

Lucas McCarthy,

Amelia Hudson,

Aria Darling Hendrix,

Matthew Lombardi

"I knew it!" Jett exclaimed, like winning a jackpot.

He turns his gaze to Jax. But unfortunately, it was only him in the room. His eyes widened and as he goes out, and found Jax started the car and drove away. He tried to follow him by running.